CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 6 Important Questions with Solutions: Central Board of Secondary Education is set to conduct the annual CBSE class 10 board examination 2022-23. The board has already published the sample papers for the current academic year for all subjects. Meanwhile, the board examinations are anticipated to be held from February 15, 2023 but the final datesheet has not been announced by the board as of November, 2022.
In this article, we are going to discuss the important questions from Chapter 6 Triangles of CBSE Class 10 Mathematics. Triangles is the first chapter from the fourth unit Geometry. Unit 4 Geometry carries a total weightage of 15 marks. The other chapter in this unit is Circles.
You can checknthe complete syllabus in detail, click on the link below:
In brief, the topics covered in this chapter are: Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
Let us now begin with the questions. The solutions are given at the end.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter 6 Important Questions
SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTION (2)
SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTION (3)
Now evaluate your own self for the upcoming board examination season with practise papers specially designed by subject experts to prepare them for their best performance.
LONG ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS (4)
Q1. A girl of height 90 cm is walking away from the base of a lamp-post at a speed of 1.2 m/s. If the lamp is 3.6 m above the ground, find the length of her shadow after 4 seconds.
Q2. Aakesh wanted to determine the height of a tree on the corner of his block. He knew that a certain fence by the tree was 4 feet tall. At 3 PM, he measured the shadow of the fence to be 2.5 feet tall. Then he measured the tree’s shadow to be 11.3 feet. What is the height of the tree?
To check the solutions to the important questions from Chapter 6 Triangles, click on the link in the table below:
To get more information related to CBSE Class 10 Mathematics 2022-23, stay tuned to Jagran Josh.
All the best!