There are several interesting courses to become Primary School Teacher. In our country, Education is the prime necessity that leads to the development, growth and success in future. Teaching is a great career option which requires 100% dedication and sensibility. The Courses to become Primary School Teacher develops proficiency in soft skills like lecture delivering, tone, confidence level, behavior handling of children and softness in the attitude.
A primary school teacher is the one who can handle children right from the foundation age till the age of 10 years and when we talk in terms of standard then, it is preparatory level to the 5th standard. Courses to become Primary School Teacher is the perfect guidance before walking on the teaching path.
What is the eligibility to enroll in a primary school teacher course?
It is always advisable to pursue specialized course to know about several tactics of the future job that you are going to do. In case, if you are not ready to join such course then, you should start teaching after you pass intermediate or senior secondary. These days certain private schools prefer such candidates only of they possess a very good command over their knowledge and share it well with others.
To add on to this, one must possess an eligible qualification and certification before taking up such a huge responsibility.
You must be a B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) in India to take up primary level teaching in your favorite subject which makes you a TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher). This one year course makes you eligible to make your teaching dream come true. There are several private and governmental colleges, institutes, universities, centers which are offering this course.
One can find certain teaching training courses in the form of diploma which are considered equivalent to the B.Ed course. One can get government/ any university approved diploma as well.
What are the responsibilities of a primary school teacher?
It has been rightly said that teaching demands hard-work; is a tiring and a very demanding job where you are not just responsible for the overall growth of a child but also responsible for his behavior and attitude. It also claims counseling of parents and addressing their queries.
There are countless job responsibilities of an educator. Some important ones that are discharged by a primary educator are:
• Following primary curriculum from all the areas and sides.
• Taking academic responsibility of the children.
• Progress analysis of each and every student.
• Motivation pupils so that they are energized and vitalized.
• Promoting discipline among students
• Coordinating with the daily work and with colleagues as per the schedule.
• Making plans with the other faculty, implementing them and carrying out the same.
• Going for meetings and stand ups with the professionals like psychologists, education officers and welfare coordinators.
• Keeping up with the school board and abiding to their guidelines.
• Setting up of question paper and assignment work.
• Arranging various counseling sessions for both the parents and students.
• Planning extracurricular activities for the students such as outdoor games, picnics, trips, educational tours etc.
• Developing positive attitude and good communication skills in students
• Keeping a very nice classroom atmosphere in which both girls and boys can study cooperatively.
• Preparing students for the school/national/international level activities.
• Keeping pace with the changes done in the curriculum.
• Providing feedbacks to parents and help them in understanding their child’s psychology.
• Developing healthy habits in children.
Teaching demands much more than just a plain subject tutoring.
How can you apply for primary school teacher jobs?
After you have successfully completed your course, next step is to hunt a job. You can begin with private schools or can go for government school eligibility tests as well. One thing that you must practice is keeping a good command over the basics of your subject that you wish to take up.
• Take internet’s help. Search school websites, web pages, job portals to upload your resume. Make this an everyday habit so that you do not miss even a single opportunity. You can share your resume with the school directly by uploading it under their career option tab or by e-mailing it to the mentioned address.
• It is very important to keep in touch with your friends so that they can always tell about the present vacancies of work place where they are engaged. Getting referred from your friend does no harm.
• Make a list of nearby consultants who are into this field; give your resume to them and give interviews. Such consultants also proved you with various interviews tip so that you can get through it. It is always advisable to do a deep search about the background of consultants and thus, avoiding you getting trapped into false ones.
• If you wish to get into government schools then, you have to follow their written examination pattern, pass it with minimum marks, and give interview session to finally crack it.
Stay passionate about your career and job search. It takes patience and a little more hard work.
Why you should apply for primary school teacher?
You ask aspiring people the question that “why they want to be a teacher?” and you may witness so many different reasons for the same. Some have been listed which makes this job better than other.
• Job satisfaction: This job leave people satisfied about their daily routine in which they make an impact on students and create them as good human beings. There are no timing issues as it is far better than a 9-6 job and one can take offs/half days very easily.
• Entertaining- Surrounded with kids fills one with a lot energy, positivity and laughter. They keep the show going 24 hours; one can never get bored in such a company.
• Being a change- It’s always a proud thing to know that you are involved in such a profession where you are shaping children for the nation.
Courses to become Nursery School Teacher
Know How to Become an Anganwadi Worker: Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process & More
Paralegal Volunteer: Job Profile, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Job Prospects
Jobs for 10th pass Candidates in Indian Railways: Check Eligibility, Experience, Selection Process
RAS Main Exam 2018: Maths excluded from Main Examination