CBSE has launched a project called 'UDAAN' to address the teaching gap between school education and engineering entrance. 'UDAAN' will also enrich the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at School level. This project will provide free online resources to girl students of Class XI and Class XII for preparation of admission test for the premier engineering colleges like IITs and NITs. Objective of the project is to enable girl students to soar to higher education from schools.
Project 'UDAAN' will specially focus on increasing the number of enrolment of girl students in the engineering entrance exams like JEE MAIN & Advanced conducted for the admission in prestigious institutions. It will also enable the girl students to receive special incentives and support so that they can join these institutions. Special incentives and support will be provided 1000 selected disadvantaged girls per year. The Project also aims at enriching and enhancing the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at Senior Secondary level by providing free and online resources to everyone.
- Mentoring for selected 1000 girl students to compete for admission at Premier Engineering Colleges like IITs & NITs.
- 50% seats reserved for students from SC/ST/ Backward Classes.
- Selection of students on merit basis.
- The course will be free of cost.
- Course will be provided in online as well as in offline format.
- Tutorials, lectures and study material will be provided for the preparation JEE MAIN, JEE Advanced and other engineering exams
- Tablets given to the students
- Comprehensive assessment system to result in accumulation of reward points
- Financial assistance by means of reward points redeemed towards fees in IITs and NITs
- Student helpline
- Periodic counselling to motivate students and parents
Who Can Join:
The program is for the Indian citizens only. All girl students studying in classes XI and XII in any Board in India can apply for 'UDAAN' on the basis of following eligibility criteria.
- Girl students currently enrolled in Class XI and XII in PCM stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics; for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
- For Class XII students, a minimum of 75% marks in PCM in Class XI in addition to the Class X requirements.
- Preference will be given to girl students from economically weaker background.
How to apply:
Girl candidates can apply online through the official website of CBSE (www.cbse.nic.in or www.cbseacademic.in). Girl candidates can also submit a copy of the application to anyone of the CBSE City Coordinators in the list of cities given in the information brochure. The last date to apply for 'UDAAN' is November 4, 2014.