Banking Exam season is going on and all of you are busy in applying and taking exams one after the other. Most of you are tired as well of a large number of exams going on and the anxiety of the future going on in your mind. Well, this is something that needs to be checked since anxiety prevents your ability to perform in anything. A free mind can always bring the best out of you.
How to relax during preparation days?
The exams will come and go. The ability to control stress will be handy in every aspect of your life. Once you join office or Bank, you will have to take responsibility and you will be accountable for your work. You have to manage things at your own end and satisfy your superiors as well. So, don’t think that passing the exam will be the end of everything. Rather, it is the beginning of everything. So, the best way is to devise ways to give stress a slip in the following easy and simple methods.
- Deep breathing: This is the most tried and tested method of stress relaxation. Whenever you are feeling too much stressed, just take a deep breath and hold it for some time before releasing it. This way you can release a lot of tension from your mind. Follow this even when it is becoming too much stressful for you at the exam hall.
- Visualize Success: The incentive of all your hard work is a success. Visualise it beforehand so that you get a first-hand taste what your life will be after you get that most coveted job of yours. That way you will get a lot of motivation to go ahead and work harder.
- Close your eyes and think of happy moments: Continuous preparation will be stressful for both the mind and the body. This is the most common thing faced by all of you. The mind refuses to absorb even a word more at times though you have a lot more to mug up before that important exam the very next day. The trick is to close your eyes and think of happy things that took place while you continued with studies in the similar condition. That will give you enough motivation to move ahead with your studies.
- Control those muscles that create trouble: At times of stress and tension, some of your muscles may get stiff. The way to get rid of it is to control those muscles by moving them frequently. After you are aware of the muscles that are like this, you can keep a tab on them and control their movements too.
- Adequate sleep is very necessary: Our mind is not a machine and it requires a proper break from work. A deep slumber provides our mind with that opportunity. Burning midnight oil is okay but at the same time, keep in mind that you have to compensate it with a nap in some other time.
- Stage rehearsal helps a lot: Well, like you used to do rehearsal during plays in school, the exam is just like the same. Try to get familiar with the exam hall like condition so that on the actual day, you are not that much afraid of going ahead with the exam
- Be confident and positive: You need to focus on having positivity in your mind. If you are thinking that you will be able to crack the exam, you are most likely to crack it if you have enough preparation to back that thought. But if you have negative thoughts such as failure running havoc in your mind, your chances of getting selected will be hampered definitely.
- Exercise is helpful in these situations: Free hand exercises or simple yoga moves are very useful to get rid of continuous exam stress. In order to be free from anxiety, get some moves of Yoga or exercise ready and follow that every day. It is very useful.
- Meditation is very useful during stress: Competitive exam is all about having your mind in control. You will have situations beyond your control at times but you are required to handle it with calmness. Meditation helps a lot in this regard. If you are meditating every day, after a certain point of time, you can control your mind to your own whims and fancies (in your way, that is)
- Make things simple in life: If we are talking about an examination, follow a proper strategy such as going through the syllabus, getting the study material, finishing the syllabus and attempting mock tests after revision of the same. This way you will always be able to keep track of things that you are doing and when you can track your own life, you will be less stressed, no doubt.
- Never try to go for perfectionism: Nobody is perfect and nobody can be perfect. You have your mistakes and pros and cons. You need to accept that. Those are your limitations and you have to work considering the fact that you have them. This way, you can never get into unnecessary stress of getting things done beyond your control.
The ways mentioned above are tried and tested to relieve one of the stress. If you follow them, you are certainly going to benefit. But at the same time, it is not necessary that everybody will feel stress, so, these are for persons who are victimised by anxiety and stress. In this regard, it is also necessary to mention that having a little stress or anxiety for the upcoming exam is okay because that shows how important the outcome is for you. However, you should not let it come to you and your performance. That is the main thing.
All the best!!