Fake Universities Operating in India, 09 in UP, 05 in Delhi and many other
The Union Minister of Human Resource Development Smriti Irani, has enlightened the citizens of fake universities running in India which do not have permit to provide degrees to the students.
The Union Minister of Human Resource Development Smriti Irani, has enlightened the citizens of fake universities running in India which do not have permit to provide degrees to the students. As per the Union Minister of HRD Smriti Irani, there are 22 fake universities which are functioning in India out of which 09 are in Uttar Pradesh (UP), 05 in Delhi, 02 in West Bengal and one each in Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Odisha.
As per the UGC update there are 22 universities functioning in contravention or violation of the UGC Act, 1956 in different parts of the country. Irani mentioned that information regarding this has been conveyed to the concerned state governments which are responsible for taking actions for these universities. The Central Government has fulfilled its responsibility by informing the State and the State Governments are also diligently taking the action, Irani added.
Moreover, the regulator on its part has also started a portal named ‘KnowYourCollege’ application. This application provides all the details in regards to the universities and colleges and also redresses the queries of students. Therefore, with this application students can seek information regarding their choice of university and colleges. The main purpose of this application is to guard students of getting deceived.
Basically those students are defrauded who are just class 12th passed and there is no one to guide them with their further studies. Due to which they are mislead and opt for universities and institutions which do not even exist. The KnowYourCollege’ application will render all the necessary information and will also look forward for action towards complaints, if any made by the students.
To know about the list of fake universities operating in India, please take a look below:
- United Nations University
- Commercial University Ltd, Daryaganj
- Vocational University
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, Rajendra Place, Indian Institute of Science and Engineering
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP)
- Jagatpuri, Delhi
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith (Prayag), Allahabad
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad
- National University of Electro Complex Homoeopathy, Kanpur
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University, Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional area, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida, Phase II
- Gurukul Vishwavidyalya, Vrindavan
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Annapoorna
- Bhawan, Shaktinagar, Rourkela in Odisha is also among such
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar
Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka
- St John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- DDB Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichi, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, Diamond Harbour Road, Buildtech Inn, Thakurpukur, Kolkata.
Moreover, Smriti Irani also mentioned that they are in the process of writing to Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to ensure that petitions are sent to give us a list of fake universities or institutions overseas so that we can appropriately inform our states to help students not get deceived by such institutions.