- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) on 1 May 2015 extended the date of implementation of the full Mobile Number Portability (MNP) by two months, that is, till 3 July 2015.
- Union finance Ministry on 30 April 2015 exempted Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) for foreign investors.
- The Lok Sabha on 30 April 2015 gave its nod for the Finance Bill, 2015 through voice vote. The bill deals with the income side (basically tax proposals) of the Union Government for the financial year 2015-16 as proposed in the budget which was introduced in the Parliament on 28 February 2015.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 29 April 2015 imposed a fine of 1.5 crore rupees each on three Public Sector Banks (PSBs) for violating Know Your Customer (KYC)/Anti Money Laundering (AML) norms. These three PSBs are Bank of Maharashtra, Dena Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Union Government on 24 April 2015 allowed Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) to invest five percent of its corpus in Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). The decision will result into an inflow of around five thousand crore rupees into the stock markets during fiscal 2015-16.
- Ace tennis player Rafael Nadal on 1 May 2015 received the Golden Medal for Merit in Work. Golden Medal is one of the top civilian honours of Spain which aims to highlight an exemplary performance in any job or profession.
- A Book titled China – Confucius in the Shadows was released by the Vice President M. Hamid Ansari on 1 May 2015. Confucius was considered as the most efficient author in Chinese history.
- Four Indians will be conferred with the Spring Imperial Decorations of Japan which were announced on 29 April 2015.
- Senior IPS officer Surender Singh on 1 May 2015 took over as Director General (DG) of central paramilitary force Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) from 28 April to 29 April 2015 held a security exercise, Theera Veeta, in the Arabian Sea.
- Prannoy Roy, the Executive Co-chairman of NDTV, was on 30 April 2015 conferred with the Redink Lifetime Achievement Award 2015 at a function in Mumbai. The awards were presented by the Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Noted Islamic scholar and activist Maulana Wahiduddin Khan was on 30 April 2015 conferred with the Sayyidina Imam Al Hassan Ibn Ali Peace Award in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- The logo of International Day of Yoga was launched on 29 April 2015 in New Delhi by Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Union Minister of State (MoS) for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik.
- Paytm’s mobile wallet will soon be used at quick service restaurants (QSRs), including Domino’s and Cafe Coffee Day, as the Alibaba-backed company plans to enter into the offline retail space in the next two months.
- Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on 1 May 2015 ordered to file a FIR against the Snapdeal, its CEO Kunal Bahl and Directors for allegedly selling prescription drugs online. Selling of drugs without prescription is a crime under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
- Tesla Motors Inc., an American based company, on 1 May 2015 launched its new solar energy based battery system Powerwall. It is a home battery that charges using electricity generated from solar panels.
- Four major telecom operators of India, namely Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and Reliance Communication on 30 April 2015 slashed their roaming call rates by upto 40 percent and SMS rates by upto 75 percent.
- The Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs on 1 May 2015 launched Form-INC -29 to make the process of establishing new companies smoother for entrepreneurs.
- Microsoft Corp on 29 April 2015 announced to allow Android and Apple phone apps to Windows 10. The decision is aimed to attract the users, as Microsoft has failed to get any real traction on tablets and phones, partly because of a lack of apps.
- Online marketplace Flipkart on 29 April 2015 acquired the Delhi-based mobile engagement and marketing automation company Appiterate. However, the financial transaction details of the deal were not disclosed by both companies.
- French IT firm CapGemini on 26 April 2015 announced to buy U.S. rival IGATE for 4 billion US dollar. With this deal, North America becomes the largest region of the Group. Bank of America Corp advised IGATE while Lazard Ltd advised Cap Gemini on the transaction.
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) on 25 April 2015 tied-up with UAE Exchange to offer instant money transfer facility to its Non-resident Indian (NRI) customers. In this regard, an agreement was signed between both the firms.
- PropTiger.com on 29 April 2015 has acquired rival Makaan.com to expand its presence in the secondary property market.
- The Madhya Pradesh Cabinet in the last week of April 2015 gave its approval to build 750 megawatt (MW) solar photovoltaic (SPV) plant atGurh tehsil in Rewa district. The plant, to be developed in three phases of 250 MW, once completed will become the world’s largest solar power plant.
- The Union Ministry of Tourism on 1 May 2015 released the Draft National Tourism Policy 2015 after re-visiting National Tourism Policy 2002. The policy is aimed at boosting tourism sector in the country.
- Union Road Transport and Highways minister Nitin Gadkari on 1 May 2015 dedicated Shillong Bypass Highway Project and four lane Jorabat-Barapani Section of NH-40 to the nation in Shillong, Meghalaya.
- Union Government on 29 April 2015 announced to extend e-Tourist Visa scheme to 31 more countries. This extension will be effective from 1 May 2015.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) Regional Office for Europe and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) on 28 April 2015 released a report titled Economic cost of the health impact of air pollution in Europe: Clean air, health and wealth.
- Pakistan court on 30 April 2015 sentenced 10 men to 25 years in jail for attacking education activist and Nobel Peace Laureate Malala Yousafzai in 2012.
- Argentine parliament on 30 April 2015 passed a law to compensate the victims of an attack on AMIA Jewish cultural centre in Buenos Aires more than 20 years ago.
- North and South America on 27 April 2015 became the first regions of the world to eradicate rubella, also known as German measles. These regions were declared free of endemic transmission of rubella and congenital rubella syndrome (CRS) after no home grown cases were reported in five years.
- Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on 23 March 2015 recognised Motor Sports as a sport by including it in the list of sports ministry-backed National Sports Federations (NSF).
- China won the World Team Chess Championship which was held at Tsaghkadzor, Armenia from 18 April 2015 to 29 April 2015.
- Georgia on 29 April 2015 won the Women’s World Team Chess Championship. The championship was held at Chengdu, China from 18 April 2015 to 29 April 2015 under the aegis of FIDE.
- Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) on 28 April 2015 won 5th Senior Men’s National Hockey championship 2015. In the final match played in Pune, Maharashtra, Railways defeated Uttar Pradesh Hockey (UPH) by 5-3.
- World Champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway won the Shamkir chess tournament held in Shamkir city of Azerbaijan on 26 April 2015. He defeated Azerbaijani Rauf Mamedov in the last and final round to finish the tournament with 7 points.
- India was crowned champions at the 22nd President’s Cup Open International Boxing Tournament on 27 April 2015. This is for the first time that India was crowned champions at the President’s Cup which was held at Palembang, South Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Lin Dan of China on 26 April 2015 won the men`s title at Badminton Asia Championships 2015 held in the central city of Wuhan, China. He won the title by defeating compatriot Tian Houwei 21-19, 21-8.