- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 5 March 2015 eased the norms for Housing Loans.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 4 March 2015 gave its nod to extend the PDS Kerosene and Domestic LPG Subsidy Scheme 2002 for a period of one year that is up to 31 March 2015.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 4 March 2015 reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points to 7.5 percent with immediate effect. This is the second time since January 2015 that RBI reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points.
- Union Government and Reserve Bank of India (RBI) signed an agreement on Monetary Policy Framework. The agreement was signed on 20 February 2015 but was made public on 2 March 2015.
- Ancient city of Nimrud in Iraq was in news on 6 March 2015 as Islamic State (IS) militant group bulldozed the ancient city
- NASA's Dawn spacecraft on 6 March 2015 completed its Orbit around Dwarf Planet Ceres. By doing so, it became the first spacecraft to orbit around a dwarf planet.
- Artificial glacier in the form of Ice stupa was inaugurated at Phyang village in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir on 6 March 2015. Phyang village is a desert region of Ladakh.
- Sunil Sabharwal, an independent Indian-American investor, was re-nominated as an Alternate Executive Director at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) by the United States (US) on 4 March 2015. He was re-nominated for the post by US President Barack Obama.
- British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) on 4 March 2015 released a documentary film India's Daughter. The documentary film has been directed by Leslee Udwin.
- Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar completed his SAARC Yatra of four nations on 4 March 2015. His SAARC Yatra started on 1 March 2015 and ended on 4 March 2015.
- Three South Asian women, namely Niloofar Rahmani, Nadia Sharmeen and Tabassum Adnan on 3 March 2015 were selected for the prestigious International Women of Courage Award for the year 2015 given by the US Secretary of State.
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji was on 3 March 2015 awarded with the National Award for the Best Representation of the Cause of Safety, Security and Protection of Women and Girl Child by National Institute of Gender Justice (NIGJ).
- IAS officer Kewal K Sharma was on 3 March 2015 appointed as Chief Secretary of Delhi. His appointment was approved by Union Home Ministry.
- Quick service restaurant chain Subway on 6 March 2015 opened an all-women operated outlet at Andheri, Mumbai to mark the International Women's day on 8 March.
- Flipkart on 6 March 2015 acquired mobile ad network AdiQuity. The acquisition is aimed at increasing advertising muscle of Flipkart.
- Anil Ambani-led Reliance Infrastructure Ltd on 4 March 2015 announced the acquisition of management control of Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company Ltd (PDOE) for 2082.3 crore rupees.
- Union Ministry of Shipping on 3 March 2015 signed an agreement with Toyota for export of automobile units. The export of automobile units will be done through Kamarajar Port Limited (KPL).
- Dilip Shanghvi led Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd on 3 March 2015 announced to buy GlaxoSmithKline's opiates business in Australia.
- Chinese technology major Huawei on 2 March 2015 has launched first Android Wear Smartwatch Huawei Watch.
- World’s largest and tallest Indian national flag was unfurled on 3 March 2015 at Town Park in Faridabad, Haryana. The flag was unfurled by BJP president Amit Shah, Haryana CM ML Khattar and Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor.
- Union Ministry of Human Resource Development on 2 March 2015 appointed Baldev Sharma as chairman of National Book Trust (NBT).
- National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) and Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) on 5 March 2015 signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) to commercialise ayurvedic medicines and technologies developed at CCRAS
- Rajya Sabha on 4 March 2015 passed the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2015 by voice vote. The Bill was passed by the Lok Sabha on 2 March 2015.
- International Women’s Day was observed across the world on 8 March 2015. The theme for the year 2015 is Make it Happen and it encourages effective action for advancing and recognizing women.
- The World Wildlife Day was observed on 3 March 2015. The 2015 theme of the day is Wildlife crime is serious, let’s get serious about wildlife crime.
- Sri Lankan Government on 5 March 2015 temporarily suspended construction work of China’s port city project in Colombo with immediate effect.
- India and Spain on 5 March 2015 signed an agreement on Mutual Protection of Classified Information to provide the framework for enhanced bilateral cooperation in areas of defence research, development and technology cooperation.
- The Kathmandu-Varanasi-Kathmandu bus service was on 5 March 2015 flagged off jointly by India and Nepal. Nepal Minister for Physical Infrastructure and Transport Bimalendra Nidhi and Ambassador of India to Nepal Ranjit Rae flagged off the bus service.
- Australian cricket team on 4 March 2015 created the World Cup record for highest-ever score of 417 for 6 in a match against Afghanistan in Perth. It defeated Afghanistan by 275 runs which was the biggest winning margin in the tournament’s history.
- Olympic medalist pugilist MC Mary Kom on 2 March 2015 announced that she will quit boxing after the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. She decided to retire after the Olympic Games as her body would not be able to cope with the rigours of the sport any further.
- Swiss Tennis ace, Roger Federer on 28 February 2015 won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships title. To lift his seventh Dubai Championship title, Federer defeated world number one Novak Djokovic of Serbia 6-3, 7-5.
- Spanish tennis ace, Rafael Nadal on 2 March 2015 won the Argentina Open title of Tennis. In the summit clash, Nadal defeated Juan Monaco of Argentina in straight sets 6-4, 6-1 in Buenos Aires.
- Jagmohan Dalmiya on 2 March 2015 was unanimously elected as the President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) at Annual General meeting held in Chennai.