The High Court of Gujarat invited applications from the eligible Practicing Advocates for the Recruitment of 58 District Judges, in the pay-scale of Rs. 51,650-1240-59,090-1390-63,260 + allowances. Interested yet eligible candidates can apply ONLINE before 15 August 2013.
• Starting date for submission of On-line application: 01 August 2013
• Closing Date for submission of On-line application: 15 August 2013(23.59 Hrs.)
• Date of Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test): 22 September 2013
• Date of Main Written Examination: 20 October 2013
• Date of Viva-voce Test (Oral Interview): Tentatively in the month of January/February, 2014.
Details of Posts
• Name of Post: District Judge
• No of Posts: 58 (27 Regular + 31 ad-hoc) vacancies
A candidate must have attained the age of 35 years. For General and OBC candidates, the upper age limit is 45 years, and for candidates belong to SC/ST/Socially & Educationally Backward Classes/ Orthopedically Disabled persons/ Ex-serviceman, the upper age limit is 48 years, as on 15 August 2013
• Candidate must possess a Degree in Law from a University recognized by law in India.
• Candidate must be a practicing Advocate in Courts of Civil and/or Criminal jurisdiction for a period not less than seven years, as on the last date fixed for submission of On-line Applications.
• Rs. Rs. 1000/- plus Bank Charges for General and OBC Candidates
• Rs. Rs. 500/- plus Bank Charges for SC/ST/Socially & Educationally Backward Classes/ Orthopedically Disabled persons/ Ex-serviceman candidates
The final selection will be done on the basis of candidates’ performances in Mains Written Exam and Viva-voce Test (Oral Interview).
How to Apply
Interested yet eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE through the link provided in High Court Website www.gujarathighcourt.nic.in and http://hcojas.guj.nic.in in the prescribed format from 01 August 2013 to 15 August 2013.
No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
For detailed advertisement regarding How to Apply, Application Fee, Mode of Payment, Exam Scheme, and other such points, click on the link given below: