Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission commonly known as Himachal PCS has released the notification for Himachal PCS Preliminary Examination 2015. Now it is very important for the Himachal PCS aspirants to go through the detailed notification and check the minimum eligibility conditions for the Himachal PCS Prelims Exam 2015.
At this stage, the aspirants of Himachal PCS Prelims 2015 should focus on their studies but a devoted aspirant will go through the whole syllabus once and will make some strategies for the respective topics and subjects. An aspirant having proper understanding of the whole syllabus could make use of his/her time for varied subjects and topics efficiently.
In the Himachal PCS Prelim Exam 2015, there will be two Papers- Paper I General Studies and Paper II Aptitude Test carrying 200 marks by each paper. There will be 2 hrs allotted for each paper and the candidates have to attempt 100 MCQs contained in each paper during that that short duration. Here, we have compiled the syllabus of Himachal PCS preliminary Exam 2015 in linear format go through it and make strategies to cover the given syllabus:
Paper I General Studies (Code No. 01)
- History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
- Currents events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and world Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian polity and governance -Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development - sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change - that do not require subject specialization
- General science.
Paper II Aptitude Test (Code No. 02)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders or magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level).
- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)