The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission recently notified for Himachal Pradesh Administrative Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination 2013. The notification issued covers the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Class I (Gazetted) popularly known as Himachal Pradesh PCS. The Preliminary Exam will have two Question Papers. Paper one is General Studies Paper and Paper II is the Aptitude Test. Each of the paper will be of 200 marks. Each Paper will have 100 Multiple Choice Questions. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about 20 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year in the Posts / Service. There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers. There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
The syllabus of General Studies (Paper I) is the traditional type that is it has the following Sections.
• History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
• Currents events of national and international importance.
• History of India and Indian national movement.
• Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
• Indian polity and governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
• Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
• General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
• General science.
The Syllabus for the Aptitude Test (Paper II) has the following sections.
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. Class X level).
• English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
For any query regarding the Syllabus and Pattern, candidates can discuss atIAS Group pf Myjosh.com