ssc chsl preparation tips
Dear SSC Aspirants,
In this article, we will help you in your SSC CHSL exam preparation. We will discuss about the tips and strategies for cracking it without attending coaching institutes. If you want to make career in one of the most respectable organizations like Indian posts, courts, etc. as a data entry operator, lower division clerk, court clerk and postal assistants then you must work hard and plan your time accordingly.
Combined Higher Secondary Level examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission is very eminent and most attended government job exam among all 10+2 level exams. Do not worry about this, we will help you to make study plan and strategies, so that, you can crack SSC CHSL exam without attending any coaching. In this article, we have covered every aspect of preparation, which is given to aspirants by the eminent coaching centers. So that, you can compete with them. There may be many reasons with aspirants not to join coaching institutes including lack of money, lack of time, a full time job and higher studies.
Let us start our discussion on cracking tips of combined higher secondary level exam without going coaching-
Things to do before starting preparation
Before starting any preparation, it is very important to know the exam pattern and syllabus. Escaping this factor may land you in inappropriate situation and may cause failure in the examination. SSC CHSL exam will be conducted in three tiers namely-
- Tier-1: - This is an online exam of 200 marks and 100 MCQs. The time duration for this test is 75 minutes. There will be four sections namely, Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence & Reasoning, English language & comprehension and General knowledge. There will be 25 questions from each section and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Tier-2: - This is a descriptive paper (Pen and paper mode) of 100 marks containing essay writing, Letter/Report writing.
- Tier-3:- This is for skill test/ computer efficiency test for DEO.
SSC CHSL: How promotions and posts are awarded
There are many things, which you have to do before going for preparation.
- Syllabus: -Collect syllabus from the SSC official website as it is very necessary and first requirement of preparation. You may be reading many things but not studying those things, which are listed in syllabus. SSC puts questions only from its syllabus. It is not possible to get success in SSC CHSL exam without syllabus. So, go thoroughly the syllabus and its constituents.
- Previous year cut-offs: - Get a basic idea of previous year cut-offs to boost your study and to acknowledge the competition level. If previous cut-off is very high, then competition for the current year will be high. Hence, it will be further helpful in making plan and strategy.
- Guidebooks: -A complete study material is needed to get success in such competitive examination. Choose books, which cover all topics comprised of a wide range of examples & questions with proper explanation and concepts. Thus, if you are dedicated to crack LDC/DEO exam then you must buy best study material for the preparation because appropriate study material minimizes your time and learning efforts.
Less known facts about SSC CHSL- LDC/DEO and Postal assistants
Since the competition level of this exam is increasing every year, therefore you have to make strategies to study proportionately. You should know the factors, which can be helpful and can affect your study. In this context, we have prepared a few strategies, which you can adopt.
- Preparation time:-Estimate your study time out of your day-to-day busy life. Choose a specific time slot out of a day for your study. You can make this flexible also as it is not possible to study every day at a certain time slot. Therefore, make 2-3 timings and choose anyone of them for preparation.
- Study sequence: - if you plan a time slot for study, then you can easily cover the whole syllabus. However, do not stick in studying only one subject. Make a routine or sequence of studying the particular subject. Reading chapter wise in rotation is advisable for every subject alternatively. It will result in learning speed and maximum knowledge gain.
- Standard books: - “Books are anyone’s best friend.” So, always choose standard books or research before buying books because there are many books available in the market but not good for preparation. You can try R.S. Aggarwal for Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning as well.
- Assess yourself: - During the study, you can easily find out the weak and strong areas. It is true that not all syllabus topics are equally understandable and do not require equal efforts. Certain topic may be easy for someone but difficult for another. So, identify the easier and difficult topics and try to allocate more practice time for difficult and less time for the easier one.
- Monthly magazine: - Magazines are the best source of current affairs and general knowledge. Pick a good magazine like Pratiyogita Darpan, etc. and read it accordingly.
- Revision: - Revision is the best thing to remember facts for a longer period. Revise difficult topics daily especially GK as it is forgotten frequently. If you are not good at revision then practice as much as you can.
- Test your knowledge: - Preparation is the one phase in this process. Testing is another. Preparation is the easiest and time-consuming phase. It does not guarantee your success in the exam. In any competitive exam, you have to solve the questions in a stipulated time. Hence, The best way to increase your speed is to test yourself with Mock papers and model question papers. Mock papers/Model papers are easily available online and offline markets.
SSC CHSL vs. SSC MTS: Job Profile, Salary, and Promotions
Time management in exam
Besides preparation, Performing well in the examination hall is also very important. It is observed that most of the hard working candidates are not able to make in the final exam due to improper time management and wrong strategy. Here, we want to tell you the tips that must be adhered during the exam.
- Solve GK section first.
- Skip unfamiliar questions of any section.
- Attempt reasoning and Maths section in the last.
- Set familiar questions for review.
- Do not go for the guessed answers.
Job Profile of LDC and DEO selected through SSC
Hope the above tips will be helpful in cracking the SSC CHSL exam without any coaching, tuition assistance. Our SSC team will try to help you as much as possible in your preparation. So, keep on checking us.