The Ministry of Human Resource & Development has set a proposal to offer 5000 faculty positions for higher education under the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA). As part of the current Five Year Plan, this initiative will fill teaching positions in the category of Assistant Professors or equivalent cadre. The Centre will shell put a fixed amount of Rs. 5.8 lakh per year for each faculty position and any excess over and above this amount due to higher scales, grade pay or DA increase will be borne by the State Government.
Approved by the Union Cabinet last month, the 99,000 crore rupee program is expected to boost the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) to 30% by 2020, which is 19% at present.
All the State universities will receive grants under this program, and the recruitment process will be adhered to the UGC norms and regulations. However, the funding is subjected to certain priorities such as:
• Commitments of States to take over the liability of faculty positions at the end of the scheme (after 5-8 years, depending on the year in which such positions are sanctioned).
• Priority will be given to those states where more recruitment has taken place in the universities and colleges during the last 3 years.
• Lowest number of unfilled faculty positions.
• New institutions will be on priority.
• Better student-teacher ratio. States which have a faculty-student ratio in the range of 15:1 to 20:1 will be given second priority.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Top 5 Govt Jobs of the Day -25 September 2018; Jobs in Jharkhand High Court, NIA & Others Available
HSSC Lab Attendant Admit Card 2018 Out, Download @hssc.gov.in
Bihar Technical Service Commission (BTSC) Recruitment 2018 for 5000 Engineers Notification Soon
UPPSC Medical Officer Admit Card 2018 Released, Check Here for Details