Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal was set up in 2006 under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India with an objective to promote quality education and research in basic sciences. IISER Bhopal invited applications from eligible aspirants for admission to Integrated PhD programme in Mathematics for the academic year 2013.
Name of Programme
Integrated PhD programme in Mathematics
- Last date to completed application form by the institute: 22 April 2013
- Declaration of Short-listed candidates for the Entrance exam: 6 May 2013
- Date for Entrance Exam: 26 May 2013
- Date for declaration of result: 3 June 2013
Admission seekers must be graduates in Mathematics / Statistics / Technology disciplines with at least 60% marks or CGPA of 7.0 secured not prior to 2012. Final year candidates can also apply
The institute will initially shortlist the applicants and shortlisted candidates will be called to appear in an entrance examination to be held in month of May. The selection of the candidates will be based on the marks secured in the entrance examination.
The selected candidates will be entitled to get a fellowship of Rs 10,000/- per month in the first two years subject to satisfactory performance in their course work. Thereafter, the fellowship shall be revised in accordance with the existing CSIR-UGC norms.
The application fee is Rs 100 and must be paid through the demand draft drawn in favour of "Director, IISER Bhopal."
How to Apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can download the application from the website of the institute www.iiserbhopal.ac.in.
- Admission seekers are required to fill in the details in the downloaded application form and attach the requisite amount of DD with that.
- Applicants should send duly filled in application form along with DD to the below mentioned address so as to reach within the specified time span:
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal
Transit Campus: ITI (Gas Rahat) Building
Bhopal – 462023
To get more information, please visit http://www.iiserbhopal.ac.in/