The Maritime India Summit 2016 held in Mumbai from 14-16 April 2016 was a great success in terms of maritime investments attracted and MOUs/business agreements signed. The India Maritime University, the premier Central University for maritime education, training and research, signed 4 MOUs on this occasion with the following premier Universities / Institutes in the presence of Shri. Nitin Gadkari, Hon’ble Union Minister of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways:
1. Plymouth University, Plymouth, U.K (established in 1862)
2. Admiral G.I. Nevelskoi Maritime State University, Vladivostok, Russia (established in 1890)
3. Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, London, U.K (established in 1912)
4. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University, Dhaka, Bangladesh (established in 2014)
The MOUs aimed at facilitating co-operation between IMU and the Universities / Institute through:
• Faculty and student exchange;
• Joint post-graduate programmes;
• Joint scientific and technological research;
• Academic information exchange; and
• Joint arrangement of seminars, symposia, conferences and workshops
IMU signed a 5th MOU with Andaman & Nicobar Administration, Port Blair permitting it to conduct the common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to IMU’s programmes for candidates from the Andaman & Nicobar Islands, taking into account the special needs of the islanders. Andaman & Nicobar Administration agreed to provide 120 assured on-board training slots in the vessels owned by it for the students of IMU campuses.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this Notification is solely by IMU., Jagranjosh.com bears no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information. Individuals are therefore suggested to check the authenticity of the information.