Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) is one of the premier institutes of the nation in the field of research and higher education and training in agricultural sciences. The institute invited applications for admission to PhD programme in 23 disciplines for the academic year 2013-14.
Name of the Programme
Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD)
- Last date to submit completed application forms: 3 April 2013
- Entrance examination on: 9 June 2013
- Date of Interview: 8 July 2013
- Release of list of selected candidates on website: 11 July 2013
- Candidates must have Master’s degree with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PD applicants) or equivalent CGPA in relevant subject.
- Aspirants who have appeared in the final year Master’s degree examination in 2013 can also apply.
For discipline specific eligibility criteria, please visit
The selection of the candidates will be based on the following parameters:
- Previous academic record
- Performance in entrance test
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 1000 for General/OBC category and Rs 500 for SC/ST/PC candidates. The fee can be paid through one of the following modes:
- By paying fee at Syndicate Bank through Bank challan (in case of downloaded form)
- By purchasing Information bulletin from banks on cash payment
How to apply
- Applicants can either purchase the information bulletin along with application form from the bank or download application form from the website of the institute
- Admission seekers must fill in the form and pay the fee using bank challan (in case of downloaded form).
- Applicants must the application form along with the admit cards, acknowledgement card (affixed with postage stamps of the amount indicated therein) and relevant documents to the undersigned so as to reach on or before the prescribed due date:
Post Graduate School, IARI,
New Delhi - 110012
For further details, please visit http://www.iari.res.in/