Conducted by CBSE; JEE Main 2016 is a national level entrance exam for students seeking admission to the undergraduate engineering and technological programmes offered by different governmental, private and funded institutions like NITs and IIITs. The Board will release the JEE Main Application form 2016 in the first week of November to enable students apply for engineering courses offered by top engineering colleges in India. The JEE Main online registration form will be available only at the official website of the board and students will not be allowed to submit forms through any other medium.
Being one of the key engineering entrance examinations, it is vital to fill the application form in the prescribed format with all necessary details and documents. Failure to do so may result in rejection of the form by the board. You are also confused about filling the online JEE registration form; we have compiled a short guide detailing all the necessary steps to fill JEE Main 2016 Online application form.
Prerequisites for JEE Main Online Application:
In order to avoid any last minute confusion, we shall begin by gathering all the necessary documents required for JEE main form filling. Keeping these documents ready in advance will help in speedy completion of the application process without any glitches.
• Proof of birth
• Class X and XII Mark sheets
• Caste, Community and Domicile certificates
• Passport size photograph
• Thumb impression (For boys left thumb impression, for girls right thumb impression)
• Credit or Debit card for payment of application fees
Every year several aspiring students make silly mistakes in JEE main application form and lose their chance of securing a seat in top engineering colleges in India. To help you avoid these silly mistakes, you can understand, familiarize and follow all the steps involved in the online application procedure as listed below.
The JEE(Main) application procedure is a three step process that covers:
• Step 1: Online Registration and Form Filling
• Step 2: Uploading photograph, thumb impression and signature in prescribed format
• Step 3: Payment of Application Fees
Online Registration and Form Filling
To complete Part 1 of JEE Main Application Form 2016, follow all the steps given below:
• Access the link given above or visit www.jeemain.nic.in.
• Register by filling in all the necessary and authentic information about yourself
• Secure the data provided by you with help of a unique password, which will be used for any corrections in future
• Verify all personal and academic information provided by you in Part 1 of JEE Main Application Form
• Submit Part 1 of JEE Main Application Form 2016
• With help of your unique password, secure the system generated unique application number.
Uploading Photograph, Thumb Impression and Signature
To complete the Part 2 of JEE Main Application Form 2016, enter the unique application number and password, generated during the online registration step
• Upload a scanned passport size coloured photograph in 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (b/w 4 kb to 40 kb) in jpeg format. The photograph must be without any glasses or spectacles. Name of the candidate and date must be written on the photograph.
• Upload scanned signature in 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (b/w 4 kb to 30 kb) in jpeg format
• Upload thumb impression in 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (b/w 4 kb to 30kb) in jpeg format
Payment procedure for online JEE Main Form
Candidates can choose to pay the JEE Main 2016 Application Fees online through a credit or debit card or through an e-challan.
• For online payment via Debit/Credit Card, candidate can opt for a secure gateway procedure
• For payment via e-challan, candidate can download the e-challan from the website and submit the application fees at any of the following banks:
1. HDFC bank
2. Canara bank
3. Syndicate bank
4. ICICI bank
• After successful payment of fees, download an copy of the acknowledgement page.
To help candidates in filling the JEE Main Application form 2016 in the right manner with all prescribed details and format, CBSE will also offer helpful resources. These are mentioned below:
To help candidates in completing the online JEE application procedure, JEE will establish facilitation centres across the country. The list of centres and their locations will be provided along with the JEE information brochure.
JEE Main Application Form Tracker
CBSE will also release a tracking portal that will display the current status of the application. Candidates can use this portal to see if there is any issue with their application form and how can it be corrected in time to avoid the rejection of online application form. To use this facility, follow the following steps:
• Visit the official website for JEE Main Application Forms
• Login using the JEE Main 2016 application form number and password, which was generated during online registration process
• After logging in the portal, if you can see ‘Download Acknowledgment Page’ link, it means your application has been submitted successfully.
Retrieving Forgotten Application number &/or Password
In case, any candidate forgets the JEE application form number or the password generated during the online registration process; they can retrieve the same by following below given steps:
• Visit the official website for JEE Main Application Forms
• Click on ‘I can’t access my account’ link
• To reset the password, answer the security question or choose to resend the verification link to your registered email address
• To get the JEE Main Application Form number, candidates will have to fill the PART I of the JEE Main Application Form with exact same details as submitted before.
You can also get:
HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar answers for IIT JEE Admissions during Rajya Sabha Question Hours
CSAB Special Counselling 2018: Round II Seat Allotment Result is now available on csab.nic.in
CSAB SFTI 2018 - Dates, Eligibility, Counselling, Seat Allotment, Result
JEE Main 2019: Exam Dates, Application Schedule, Exam Type and Important Facts