Every year, Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits candidates for LDC/DEO posts in various government departments and ministries through CHSL exam. These posts are of different nature, which depend on the abilities of a candidate. Lower Division Clerk (LDC) and Data Entry Operator (DEO) posts are one of the posts offered through SSC CHSL exam. Candidates who get recruited for these posts mainly handle the office work in the concerned department. They are recruited after the written test, typing test and personal interview conducted by the respective authority. These tests are very important in deciding the chances of selection. The posts of LDC and DEO are given in various offices to carrying out the documentation work in daily routine. In this article, we will discuss the job profile of LDC and DEO posts in detail-
Job Profile of SSC CHSL LDC posts
An LDC is responsible for clerical work, which include documentation and co-ordination with the seniors. you are expected to undertake the official responsibilities smoothly and efficiently for the day to day operations in the office. These responsibilities include-
1. you have to perform simple tasks in the respective offices and you are responsible for maintaining the data, files and other documents properly.
2. you have to fetch the information from the database or information library and you will be held responsible for preparing the salary slips of working staff in the respective office.
3. You will be asked to send or receive the important documents and files for your seniors and bring them in front of the respective person as per the requirement.
4. You are briefed about the clientele and you have to handle the phone calls of the clients or reply them over mail as well.
5. The Lower Division Clerk also needs to maintain the register of the working staff, which include marking the leaves of employees for the month.
With the above responsibilities, A Lower Division Clerk in most of the government offices gets Rs. 9200- 20200 per month with a minimum grade pay of Rs. 1900 as of now.
A candidate applying for this post must be between 18 to 27 years of age and he must have passed 10+2 or graduation from any recognised university/institute. Most of the Lower Division Clerks in different offices (other than the SSC) are recruited on contractual basis and later, they become permanent in the office. SSC Lower Division Clerks get promoted to Upper Division Clerk post after attaining some experience in respective department. As the time passes, you can be promoted to Division Clerk or Head of Division Clerk.
Job Profile of SSC CHSL Data Entry Operator post
Data Entry Operator is another post which is coherent to the Lower Division Clerk post. The candidate selected for this post need to be conversant in English or any of the regional language and he must have good typing speed with adequate knowledge of widely used computer applications especially in offices. The DEOs are important persons in any government offices responsible for keeping official records related to staff and other activities on daily basis. As a DEO, you will perform the following activities in daily routine-
1. As a DEO, you will be responsible for maintaining documents and updating, creating & entering all the relevant and important data in the computer database. This data may include the details of the company, products, clients and sales report.
2. You have to maintain the employees record and the in-house workers. DEOs scan all the pertinent information, figures and data of the department thoroughly and compile them together to stack and make a proper database for future reference.
3. You need to write letters and do chores at office in the absence of LDCs. The pay scale is almost same as the Lower Division Clerk.
To apply for this post, a candidate should be 18 to 27 years of age . You must have passed 10+2 or graduation with adequate typing speed in English or any regional language.