The Indian Air Force doesn’t have any entry scheme that inducts candidates after Class 10. The minimum educational qualification requirement to join the Air Force is Class 12. To join the Air Force after Class 12, candidate will have to appear for NDA (National Defence Academy) Entrance Exams. The details for them are shared below.
NDA Entrance Exam
National Defence Academy is a national level entrance exam, through which candidates are shortlisted and selected for all the three wings of Indian armed forces (Army, Navy and Air Force). The exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year, in the month of April and September. During the application process itself, the candidate has to clearly mention the preference of the armed service; he is interested to serve.
• Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India
• Gender: Only male candidates are eligible to appear for NDA exam
• Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear for NDA exam
• Age Limit: The candidate must be in the age group of 16 ½ to 19 years (at the time of commencement of course)
• Educational Qualifications: Candidate must have cleared 10+2/Intermediate exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Final year students appearing for Class 12 exam are also eligible to apply for NDA.
Aspirants planning to appear for NDA exam need to fill the necessary form either through online through the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in. The website will also contain all the necessary information and instructions necessary for filling the NDA Exam Form.
Find latest update on Defence Jobs
Know How to Become an Anganwadi Worker: Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process & More
Paralegal Volunteer: Job Profile, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Job Prospects
Jobs for 10th pass Candidates in Indian Railways: Check Eligibility, Experience, Selection Process
RAS Main Exam 2018: Maths excluded from Main Examination