As Ernest Hemingway rightly observed long back – “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” This makes sense even for the aspirants for the NDA Exam aspirants also. However, one should realize the all books are not good friends. Only a few are helpful for the preparation. Keeping this in view, the subject experts in Jagran Josh are providing you a list of most important books for the General Ability Test (GAT) as well as Mathematics Papers of the NDA Exam. The list is given below.
Mathematics (Paper I)
1. Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (English) by R S Aggarwal
2. The Pearson Guide for Mathematics for NDA Entrance Examination (English) by Pearson India
3. NDA& NA- Entrance Examination for Mathematics Study Package (English) by Arihant.
4. Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations paperback- 2016 By R.S Aggarwal.
GENERAL ABILITY (Paper II)
ENGLISH (50 Questions are asked from this section)
1. Reading comprehensions: Practice this part from the Pearson complete guide to NDA/NA Examination. Prepare it also from Indianbix.com and Lofoya.com.
4. Fill in the blanks : Solve questions from www.playquiz2win.com. Objective General English by SP Bakshi is also a good reading material for this.
5. Vocabulary: Important part of any competition is vocabulary (synonyms & antonyms). List of important words is available online; but students are also recommended to buy Word Power Made Easy New (Revised & Expanded edition) (English) by Norman Lewis is the most referred book for this section.
Other Recommendations: Pathfinder for NDA& NA Entrance Examination National Defence Academy /Naval academy conducted by UPSC (English) author Sachchida Nand jha , Manorama Yearbook 2017 (English) Author: Mathew M.
General Knowledge (100 Questions are asked from this Section)
1. Physics : Concepts of physics by H.C Verma, NCERT physics, www.masterguru.com and Arihant Physics D.C Pandey.
2. Chemistry: NCERT Chemistry, Arihant chemistry, Numerical chemistry by R.C Mukherjee or by P. Bahadur. Various study material is available online like experimental study material, general chemistry study material, inorganic chemistry study material, organic chemistry study material, Physics chemistry study material.
4. History: NCERT XI & XII books on Indian History will be very useful for this section.
5. Politics: For Indian politics, study it from Indian polity by Laxminath.
6. Geography: NCERT Geography and Geography of India.
7. Current events: Read Current Affairs from www.jagranjosh.com or buy monthly e-books from the given website.
Other Recommendations: Objective General Knowledge & Current affairs (level 1) and (level 2) Ist Edition Author: Disha Experts and Lucent’s General Knowledge.
NDA & NA Books in Hindi
Besides the above material, the Jagran Josh will be providing a series of sub-category wise practice question sets and study material for the upcoming NDA & NA (II) Exam that will be conducted on 10 September 2017. So make use of the material and get succeeded. All the very Best!!!!