List of the PSUs that recruit without GATE score!
After completion of GATE examination every year, several new openings for engineering jobs in public sector units are advertised and candidates are screened for interview rounds on basis of GATE scores.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level entrance exam used as primary criteria for admission to various post-graduate engineering education programmes like M.Tech and PhD. In addition to this, several PSUs also consider GATE score to hire graduate engineers for entry level positions. The main reason behind this move was to tackle the rising number of applicants for PSU engineering jobs along with curtailing cost of conducting a separate screening test for recruitment purposes.
With more and more PSUs joining the bandwagon, GATE has almost attained the status of compulsory eligibility criteria to get an entry level job. After completion of GATE examination every year, several new openings for engineering jobs in public sector units are advertised and candidates are screened for interview rounds on basis of GATE scores. However, even today, there are certain PSUs who have their own recruitment process to hire candidates. Engineering candidates who have bad GATE score or have not appeared for GATE exam due to any reason can apply for these Engineering PSU jobs.
PSUs that recruit without GATE score
The following Public Sector Units are known to conduct their own tests to hire candidates for different engineering positions within their organization:
• DRDO - Defence Research and Development Organization
• DRDL - Defence Research & Development Laboratory
• BARC - Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
• NPCIL - Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd
• NMDC - National Mineral Development Corporation
• HAL - Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
• MTNL - Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited
• RINL - Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (Vizag Steel)
• RECL - Rural Electrification Corp. Ltd
• SCIL - Shipping Corporation of India Ltd
• SAIL – Steel Authority of India Limited
• RBI – Reserve Bank of India
• RRBs – Railway Recruitment Boards
• EII – Engineers Institute of India
• ECI – Electronics Corporation of India