National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur invited application for admission to 78 Institute and Visvesvarya Fellowships. The candidates eligible for the course can apply through prescribed format before 10 July 2015.
• Availability of Application Form in the Institute Website: 29 May 2015
• Last date of receipt of completed Application: 10 July 2015
• Publication of the list of candidates called for admission test and viva voce in the Institute Website: 20 July 2015
• Written Test, screening & Viva-voce in respective department: 27-29 July 2015
• Publication of list of selected candidates and waiting list in the Institute Website: 15 August 2015
• Admission of selected candidates: 6, 7, 10, 11, 12 August 2015
Details of Course
Institute Fellowship: 60 full time seats
Visvesvaraya Fellowship: 15 full time seats+ 3 part time seats
• M. Tech./ M.E./ M. Arch/ M. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in the M.E./ M. Tech. level from a recognized technical institute or university/ government open university.
• B. Tech/ B.E./ MCA/ B. Arch/ B. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 7.0 CGPA or 65 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university/ government open university.
• M. Sc./ M. Com./ MBA/ PGDBM/ PGDM/ MA/ MBBS/ BDS in relevant discipline with at least 6.0 CGPA or 55 percent marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or university/ government open university.
• ICWAI/ CA with a graduation degree in any discipline
• The minimum CGPA/marks to be relaxed by 0.5 CGPA or 5 percent in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST categories
• Qualification in GATE / CSIR-UGC NET / DBT or other admission tests conducted by Government of India agencies for admission to PhD programme is mandatory as per MHRD norm for candidates not having M. Tech./ M.E. degree.
How to Apply
Candidates eligible and interested in the course can send their applications duly filled and enclosed with essential documents to the Dean (Research & Consultancy) PG & Research Cell, Academic Section National Institute Technology Durgapur 713 209, West Bengal, India before 10 July 2015.