Railway Recruitment Cell, North Eastern Railway invited application for recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota 2013-14. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 3 September 2013. The North Eastern Railway is one of the sixteen railway zones in India. It is headquartered at Gorakhpur and comprises Lucknow and Varanasi divisions as well as reorganized Izzatnagar division. The North Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 by combining two Railway systems the Oudh and Tirhut Railway and Assam Railway and the Cawnpore-Achnera section of the Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway.
• Last Date for Receipt of Application: 3 September 2013
• Last Date for Receipt of Application for Far Flung Areas: 18 September 2013
Name of the Post: Group C (Scouts & Guides Quota)
Total no. of Posts: 2
• Candidate should have 18 years and not below 33 years as on 1 January 2014.
• Age Relaxation in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST is 5 years.
• And for OBC candidates is 3 year.
• Candidate should be pass the Matriculation examination or equivalent with 50% marks or higher qualification.
• Candidate should be pass the Matriculation examination or equivalent with ITI in relevant Trade.
• Candidate should be a president’s Scout / Guide Ranger / Rover or Himalayan Wood Badge Holder or a Pre – HWB Trained scout leader/Advanced Trained Guide/Leader/Captain
• Candidate should have been an active member of Scouts Organisation for at least 03 years in the recent past and should continue to be active.
• Candidate should have attended at least one event at National Level and one or two events at State Level. OR Should have a good record of participation in Scouts/Guides activities at Unit/District Level.
• Unreserved and OBC candidate need to pay application fee of Rs. 40/- in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer/ Recruitment, RRC, N. E. Railway payable at Gorakhpur.
• SC/ST/EXSM/PWD /Women /Minority candidates/Economically Backward Classes are exempted from payment of fee.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1900/2000.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test, Scout & Guide Qualification over and above the minimum prescribed eligibility condition and Personality Test/Interview.
How to Apply
• Candidates need to download application format available in the notification.
• Fill it with all mandatory details, attach 02 photographs, IPO, super scribe “Application against Scouts & Guide Quota”, Employment Notice No. & Community on the top of the envelope and send along with relevant documents in support of age, Educational Qualification and participation certificate in scouting activities for their eligibility attested by Gazette officer to the Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, N. E. Railway, CCE Annexe Building, Railway Road 14, Gorakhpur (UP) - 273012” on or before 3 September 2013.