The PCS stands for Provincial Civil Services and its examinations are conducted by the State Public Service Commission of the respective states in India. Through the PCS Exam, the interested candidates are recruited for the various Provincial Civil Services designations of that particular state only. The selected candidates could not be posted outside respective state of India.
The different states have their own syllabus and pattern of conducting PCS exams but some states are also following the pattern of Union Public Service Commission’s Civil Services Examination. For the aspirants of UPSC IAS Exam, the PCS exams look easy to crack but in some subjects or topics they have to invest their extra efforts during their preparation for it as compared to UPSC’s Civil Services Exam.
The aspirants should keep following points in their mind while preparing for PCS Exams:
1. The PCS aspirants must be aware of the Historical and Geographical background of the respective state for which he/she is preparing to clear the PCS Exam.
2. The aspirants must be aware of the pattern and the difficulty level of questions to be asked in the exam so that they can be adhered to the right direction during their preparation.
3. The aspirants must be updated of the current events and developments of the country as a whole as well as that particular state for which they are going to appear for PCS Exam.
4. Apart from the history and geography of that particular state, the aspirants must be aware of the culture, custom and regional languages of that state.
5. Before appearing for the PCS exam, the aspirants must go through the previous year question paper in order to get the idea of the pattern of asking questions.
6. The stages of the PCS Exams of different state are almost same as the UPSC’s Civil Services Exam i.e. Preliminary, Mains and then Interview.
Here, we have suggested some important tips and strategy for different states separately which will help aspirants to prepare for PCS Exams in a right direction:
UPPCS Prelims Exam 2016
The UPPCS Preliminary Examination-2016 is going to be conducted on 20th March, 2016. A short notification is already issued by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission regarding the UPPCS Prelims Exam 2016 and the submission of online application form will commence from 11 January 2016 to till 11 February 2016.
UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Services Exam 2015
UPPCS Combined Lower Subordinate Examination is considered as the most coveted exam in the Uttar Pradesh State after the UPPCS Exam.The competetion level for this exam is very high, so,there is the possibilty of higher cut-off marks for the selection.
Click here for the UPPSC Lower Subordinate Exam 2015 Study Material
MPPCS Prelims 2015
The MPPCS Prelims Exam 2015 is going to held on 24th January 2016. So, a candidate preparing for MPPCS Exam is to be more focused at this point of time- the proper guidence, strategies and study materials will help them out to get score better in this exam.
Click here for the MPPCS Prelims Exam 2015 Study Material
CGPSC Prelims 2015
Click here for the CGPCS Prelims Exam 2015 Study Material
Himachal PCS Prelims 2015
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission has released the notification regarding the online application form for Himachal PCS Exam 2015. The last date for submitting online application form is 11 February 2016.
Click here for the Himachal PCS Prelims 2015 Study Material