Department of Biochemistry, Punjab University invited applications from the eligible candidates for the award of UGC- BSR Research Fellowships (5) for meritorious students (RFSMS) for pursuing Ph. D. degree in Department of Biochemistry as per the following terms and conditions mentioned below.
The Department of Biochemistry, Punjab University, Chandigarh can help the Biochemical, Nutritional and Pharmaceutical industries in providing the requisite expertise in the areas of analyses, absorption and studies of biological effects of various biochemical useful to the humans.
- Last Date of Submission of Application : 07 February 2014 till 5.00 PM.
Details of Posts
Name of Post:Research Fellowship
No. of Posts:05 (Five)
(i)M.Sc. Degree in Biochemistry/ Biophysics/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences with at least 55% marks.
(ii)Qualified CSIR- UGC NET /GATE examination in Life Sciences. OR
(iii)Qualified Ph. D. Entrance Test/ Enrolled for Ph.D.
Age Limit and Relaxation for the candidates should be as per Govt. Rules.
- Fellowship of Rs. 14,000/- Per Month (fixed) plus HRA and plus Contingency Rs. 12,000/- per annum (for non UGC/ CSIR/ GATE qualified candidates).
- Fellowship of Rs. 16,000/- Per Month (fixed) plus HRA and plus Contingency Rs. 12,000/- per annum (for UGC/ CSIR/ GATE qualified candidates).
Initially 01 (One) Year and extendable to 05 (five) Year.
How to Apply
- Applications on a plain paper giving detailed Bio- Data with attested copies of the relevant testimonials/ certificates should reach the office of the Chairperson, Department of Biochemistry, Panjab University, Chandigarh on or before February 07, 2014 till 5.00 pm.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _____________________”.
- The selected candidate shall be entitled to the fellowship only after the approval by the UGC.
- The interview date will be intimated later to the eligible candidates.
- No TA/ DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
- The establishment reserves the right to reject candidate at any stage of recruitment.
- All incomplete applications in any respect to be rejected.
- For details of Post and other terms and conditions the candidate can go through the link below.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.