SBI Descriptive Exam Paper generally includes essay questions in it, which is generally asked to checks the level of understanding and clarity of candidates. Jagranjosh.com has come up to provide topic wise tips for descriptive test. Here, we include tips for writing good essay.
Good essay writing needs synthesis of material that cannot be done in the 20-30 minutes you have during the exam. For writing good essay proper and brief plan of writing should be developed quickly in mind of candidates.
Generally there are some sequential steps for writing essay that comprises:
- Research: Making yourself an expert, try to research the topic in your mind and make quick notes of important points.
- Analysis: After Jotting down important points, look out weaknesses and strengths of facts and information you are going to provide.
- Brainstorming: Ask yourself several questions and answer them and try to bring out original insight to write about.
- Thesis: choose out best idea and pin it down in clear assertion for writing your essay around.
- Organize your supporting points: Before you proceed with the body of the essay, write an outline that summarizes your main supporting points. Check to make sure you are answering all parts of the question. Coherent organization is one of the most important characteristics of a good essay.
- Introduction: Now start writing essay with proper introduction. The introduction should grab the reader's attention, set up the issue, and lead in to your thesis.
- Paragraph: In each paragraph, there should be Logical progression of ideas throughout the essay
- Conclusion: Elegantly, exit your essay by making a quick wrap-up sentence, and then end on some memorable and crucial point.