SBI PO Section Wise Strategy
SBI PO examination is going to be conducted in the month of April-May 2017 and the mains exam is scheduled in June. The examination consists of prelims, mains and interview cum group discussion. In the mains examination, you have computer awareness clubbed with reasoning aptitude and the whole section will carry a total of 60 marks with 45 questions. Time allotted for this section will be 60 minutes.
SBI PO 2017: How to master Computer Awareness?
In order to go through the computer awareness section, you require to first go through the syllabus of the section. The chapters from which questions are expected in this section:
- History and various generations of computers
- Types of computers
- Input and output devices
- Computer language
- Software and operating systems
- Number system
- Networking of computer systems
- Internet and cyber security
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Important abbreviations in computers
In order to finish all the chapters, you need to follow an integrated approach and also keep in mind that you require revising all the chapters that you are reading.
- Finish the syllabus first: This is the first thing that you should do after applying for the examination. Go through a basic book of computer awareness available in the market so that you have all the relevant info at least for once in your head.
- Revise the syllabus: Revision should be in two ways – keep one day for revision after finishing two or three chapters as per your convenience and at the end of the syllabus, keep a week or so for the whole syllabus. In this way, you will be able to retain information as much as possible.
- Sectional tests are helpful: You do not require taking only computer awareness test since there is no such section as computer awareness in this examination. You require clubbing it with reasoning aptitude and practice after finishing the total syllabus.
- There may be numerical problems in the examination so prepare it: In the SBI PO Mains, you may get problems where you will have to convert one number in a number system to another and vice versa. You need to practice these types of questions well in advance so that you are not caught off guard in the actual exam.
- Last but not the least practice full length tests: This is true for all the sections in this examination. Computer awareness section is going to bring you marks if you are well prepared in this. Attempting a question rightly will not require much time from you. So, this is going to fetch marks with minimal effort and minimum time.
SBI PO Mains examination is mainly based on Reasoning, Quant and English. You need to be very strong in these areas in order to get selected as an officer with the bank. In this endeavour, GA and computer will play a supporting role so that you can compensate for the difficult and time-consuming sections with these two sections. So, do not neglect computer awareness as easy and less important. It can be a game changer in an otherwise difficult examination.
All the best!!
7 Banking Exams in 2017 You Can't Afford to Miss!