Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers January 2012, January 14-December 20
The Science and Technology, Environment and Ecology current affairs quiz here will help you in dealing with the questions that are important from the competitive exams point of view
The Science and Technology, Environment and Ecology current affairs quiz here will help you in dealing with the questions that are important from the competitive exams point of view. By answering these questions, you will be able to know about your preparation for the exams. These Sci|Tech questions will help you in knowing about a lot of things. Therefore, if you are preparing for some competitive exams, these questions will help you in a lot of ways.
1. Researchers at the University of California, San Diego, in the third week of January 2013 developed a fresh technique that enables surgeons to find out about the reach of tumours and helps them to decide which tissues should be removed for saving the healthy cells in cancer patients. What is the name of this new technique?
a) Laser Imaging
b) Molecular-Laser Imaging
c) Molecular-Targeted imaging
d) Target Imaging
Answer: (c) Molecular-Targeted imaging
2. Kaspersky Lab, the Russian cyber security firm on 14 January 2013 revealed that India is one among various nations which are hit by the cyber spying which has been targeting governmental, diplomatic and scientific research organisations for around 5 years. What is the name of this cyber spying campaign?
a) Blue October
b) Red December
c) Blue December
d) Red October
Answer: (d) Red October
3. Which space agency released surprising pictures of the remains of huge river which ran across the Red Planet, Mars at some point of time, on 17 January 2013?
b) European Space Agency
c) Australian Space Agency
d) None of these
Answer: (b) European Space Agency
4. The meteorological authority of China issued yellow alert in various cities. Which of the following statements is not correct in this context?
a) Yellow alert indicated the presence of fog that shows dangerous smog levels in the northern as well as western regions of China.
b) The Beijing Municipal Environmental Monitoring Center website declared that the density of the PM2.5 particulates crossed the 700 micrograms per cubic meter level in various parts of Beijing.
c) Initially, it was found that the PM2.5 that is an indicator of the air quality had reached 500 point in certain monitoring stations.
d) PM2.5 is an indicator of the extent of pollution in the air.
Answer: (d) PM2.5 is an indicator of the extent of pollution in the air.
5. Astronomers had already discovered that the super-massive black holes which sit in the centres of various galaxies were growing faster. Professor Graham explained that every time there is a ten times increase in the stellar mass of the galaxy, it leads to around 100 times increase in the ______________. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option:
a) Mass of black hole
b) Density of black hole
c) Both of these
d) None of these
Answer: (a) Mass of black hole
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .