Selected Biology Questions Asked in Previous Year Papers of SSC CGL
In this article, there are 40 questions from different chapters of Biology domain. All of them are selected after analyzing the difficulty level of each questions and uniqueness. so, go through it.
SSC Examinations are going on with the tier III of the much popular combined graduate level examination coming up and the combined higher secondary level examination yet to take place for this year. In any SSC examination, general awareness plays a very important role in determining your final selection and it consists of mainly history, geography, economics, political science and general science. In this article, we are going to bring you the previous year questions of SSC CGL on biology so that you get an idea of the level of questions and at the same time, you can prepare accordingly for the upcoming examinations
SSC CGL: Previous Year Compendium of Biology Questions
1. Which one of the following substances is normally found in urine?
a) Blood proteins
c) Red blood cells
d) White blood cells
2. The thymus gland produces a hormone called
3. Blood group AB has
a) No antigen
b) No antibody
c) Neither antigen nor antibody
d) Both antigen and antibody
4. Which Vitamins are those, if taken in excess can be dangerous as they are stored in the body?
a) B Complex
b) E and C
c) B and C
d) A and D
5. Blood group was discovered by
a) Alexander Fleming
b) William Harvey
6. Decoding and interpretation of visual information in the brain are associated with
a) Frontal lobe
b) Occipital lobe
c) Temporal lobe
d) Parietal lobe
7. The food in onion is stored in the form of –
8. Microbial degradation of nitrates into atmospheric nitrogen is known as –
9. Pulses are obtained from the family –
10. Which among the following plants shows chloroplast dimorphism?
a) Sugar Cane
b) Sugar Beet
11. The gene which exhibits multiple effects is known as –
12. An enzyme produced by HIV that allows the integration of HIV DNA into the host cell’s DNA –
a) DNA gyrase
13. The substrate of photorespiration is –
a) Pyruvic Acid
14. Which among the following is the infective stage of the Malaria parasite?
15. Match the following:
A. Chlorophyll 1. Plant disease
B. Nostoc 2. Photosynthetic pigment
C. Transpiration 3. Diazotroph
D. Rust of wheat 4. Loss of water from plant surface
a) A-3, B-4, C-2, D-1
b) A-2, B-3, C-4, D-1
c) A-2, B-4, C-3, D-1
d) A-4, B-3, C-1, D-2
16. Alfa toxins are produced by –
17. Outside the nucleus, DNA is found in –
a) Endoplasmic Reticulum
b) Golgi bodies
18. Photoperiodism affects
b) Vegetative growth
c) All of these
19. Allantois of embryo helps in –
20. Match the following:
A. Ascorbic Acid 1. Photosynthetic Pigment
B. Chlorophyll 2. Quencher
C. Carotenoid 3. Enzyme
D. Superoxide Dismutase 4. Vitamin C
a) A-4, B-1, C-2, D-3
b) A-4, B-2, C-1, D-3
c) A-4, B-1, C-3, D-2
d) A-2, B-4, C-1, D-3
21. Xenobiotics which are generally resistant to microbial attacks are known as which among the following?
d) All of the given options
22. Who discovered the first antibiotic?
a) W Fleming
b) Louis Pasteur
c) C Waksman
d) A Fleming
23. Microbial Type Culture Collection Centre is located in –
d) New Delhi
24. Leaves of many grasses are capable of folding and unfolding because –
a) They have stomata on both sides of the leaves
b) They have high levels of silica
c) They have specialized bulliform cells
d) Their mesophyll is not differentiated into palisade and spongy parenchyma
25. Pleura is the covering of –
26. Which one of the following is an egg-laying mammal?
a) Duck-billed Platypus
27. Which among the following is the smallest bone in the human body?
28. ____________are known as the ‘suicide bags’ of the cell.
29. Which of the following is a viral disease?
30. Who invested penicillin?
a) Alexander Fleming
b) Louis Pasteur
d) Edward Jenner
31. Who invented vaccination for ‘Small Pox’?
a) Sir Fredric Grant Banting
b) Sir Alexander Fleming
c) Edward Jenner
d) Louis Pasteur
32. Which of the following plants is called ‘Herbal Indian Doctor’?
33. The pH of human blood is
34. Which amongst the following is largest endocrine gland in the body?
35. Which amongst the following is the largest mammal?
36. Which part becomes modified as the tusk of elephant?
c) Second incisor
37. What happens to a person who receives the wrong type of blood?
a) All the arteries constrict
b) All the arteries dialates
c) The RBCs agglutinate
d) The spleen and lymphnodes deteriorate
38. NIS stands for—
a) National Infectious diseases Seminar
b) National Irrigation Schedule
c) National Immunisation Schedule
d) National Information Sector
39. Ringworm is a ……… disease.
40. The pituitary gland is situated in
a) The base of the heart
b) The base of the brain
c) The neck
d) The abdomen
SSC CGL Tier-1 marks of the candidates are very important in order to secure a good job in various departments of the central government. For this purpose, you need to score well in the general awareness section which has biology as an integral part of the syllabus. So, prepare properly and these previous year questions from biology will help you understand the pattern and level of questions asked in this examination year after year.
All the Best!!