We visit Facebook and Twitter more than any other website. We also check our e mails regularly. Any company would like to spend their advertising budget judiciously where they can get optimum rate of return. And social media is one such place where it is possible.
Marketing involves product related communication, and medium of communication is as important as is the content and product. A well made product may not be successful if benefits of it are not communicated to the masses.
• Radio - One of the oldest mediums to be used for mass advertising
• Television – T.V. came later but till today remains attractive as it gives both visual and sound reach
• Print – Again a very old medium, important even today.
• Billboards – Applicable and used when the billboard is present in a crowded area.
• Street Advertising/Wall Arts/Graffiti – Similar to Billboards but needs more creativity to be attractive
• E mail – Sending mass mails to targeted users.
• Direct Advertising – Directly approaching the prospective consumers
• Flyers – It is used on a smaller scale
• Point of Purchase advertising – Advertising where users come to buy certain products
• Paid search (through SEO) – Google and other search engine paid advertising
• Social Media – Using social interaction mediums like Facebook for advertising
Social media is the latest addition and currently the most popular one. Let us try to understand why it became a popular place. There are two aspects to it:
1. Popularity of Facebook as a social media
2. Facebook`s offer of business friendly ideas
We have discussed previously why Facebook became popular. Click here to read about the reasons.
Saying that people are addicted to Facebook will not be an exaggeration. Facebook has added 1.28 billion users in a decade. The prime reasons for it being a marketing medium are:
1. Facebook provides an option of creating your own page which people can like. Thus users can get the fresh posts in their news feed.
2. It provides ample space for advertisers to showcase the product image and clickable links through which user can directly reach on the desired product page.
3. With 1.28 billion users on Facebook, it has become the most important place for getting so many active users on one platform.
4. Companies create their own profiles on Facebook and Twitter, where in they pass on important information to the users.
5. Users can follow the companies and products they are interested.
6. Organizations can run contests which will increase participation.
7. One can promote their posts on Facebook with which it will become visible to more visible. Needless to say, more visibility means better results.
8. Facebook Exchange is a feature which lets advertisers take advantage of ad retargeting through real-time bidding.
9. Facebook has a feature called open graph which lets businesses, label a user’s action with their app.
10. Twitter receives 8 million unique visitors per month and about 3 million messages are posted daily. Now this is clearly a place where one can communicate effectively.
We know that social media is a great marketing tool but it is very important to use it effectively. It is important to use the assigned budget carefully. Best way is to make a strategic plan which targets the right audience.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in theMBA Group