In this article, we have disclosed 25 questions from English section of SSC GD Constable 2015 exam held in evening shift. Go through all questions and prepare your study plans for upcoming SSC-GD Constable 2017. It is observed that SSC used to put previous year questions in the running exams. Let us take a look-
Part D: English
Question Nos. 1 to 3
Directions: Some parts of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and blacken the circle corresponding to the appropriate correct option. If a sentence is free from error, blacken the circle corresponding to “No Error” option in the Answer Sheet.
1. The camp beside ours has been build in 1966 by John’s brother.
a) by John’s brother
b) No error
c) has been built in 1966
d) The camp beside ours
2. I have been waiting for you since two hours.
a) I have been waiting
b) No error
c) since two hours
d) for you
3. An idea was worth nothing if it has no champion.
a) No error
b) An idea
c) if it has no champion
d) was worth nothing
Question Nos. 4 to 7
Directions: Sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by blackening the appropriate circle in the Answer Sheet.
4. He has been staying in Delhi ________ a long time.
5. Jones is a member of our ________
6. A man from our village has been nominated _______ the ruling party’s candidate for the post.
7. We get milk form the _________.
Question Nos. 8 to 10
Directions: Choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
11. One who pretends to be what he is not:
12. To put two and two together:
b) Good friend
d) Selfish friend
13. A container for the ashes of a dead person:
Question Nos. 14 to 16
Directions: Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
Question Nos. 17 to 19
Directions: Four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase underlined in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
17. His frequent journeys are telling upon his health.
18. My kith and kin congratulated one on my brilliant success.
b) niece and nephew
c) father and mother
19. Television has become part and parcel of our lives.
a) showy part
b) unavoidable luxury
c) status symbol
d) important part
Question Nos. 20 to 22
Directions: Four words are given in each question, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
Question Nos. 23 to 25
Directions: A sentence/ a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed choose “No Improvement”.
23. No economist can accurately foresee whether tax will go up or down.
a) No improvement
24. Journalism and medicine would be two of his career options.
a) might be
b) No improvement
c) could be
d) will be
25. One should keep their word.
c) No improvement
Memory Based Questions: SSC GD Constable 2018-19 Online Exam (CBE)
SSC GD Constable Online Exam Analysis 2018-19: 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th Feb 2019 (All Shifts)
SSC 2019 Exam: Normalization Method for calculating Qualifying Marks
SSC Stenographer Grade C&D 2018-19 Exam: Expected Cut-Off Marks & Result Date