SSC has invited applications from eligible candidates for the post of Sub-inspector in Central Police Organization (CPOs), Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Intelligence Officer in Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in the year 2011.
Name of the Post and Number of Vacancies
- Vacancies for Sub-Inspector in Central Police Organization (CPO)- 1104 [CRPF 133, BSF 136, CISF (male-317, female-35), ITBPF 333, SSB (male-146, female-4)]
- Vacancies for Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF - 678 (male- 610, female- 68)
- Intelligence Officer in NCB- 100
- Age Limit for Sub-Inspector in CPOs and Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF- Between 20 and 25 years as on 24 June 2011
- Age Limite for Intelligence Officer in NCB- Between 20 and 27 years as on 24 June 2011
Educational qualification- The candidate should be a graduate in any stream from a recognised university or equivalent.
Important Dates for SSC Recruitment 2011
- Opening date for registration: 28 May 2011
- Closing date for registration: 24 June 2011
- Closing date for registration for candidates from far flung areas: 1 July 2011
- Date of written exam: 28 August 2011
Application Fee: The fee to be paid by Women/ SC/ ST/ Ex-serviceman has been exempted from paying application fee as per government orders. The application fee for other candidates is Rs 100.
Mode of Payment of Application Fee
- Online Application- The candidates submitting their applications on-line should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India either in the form of challan or net-banking.
- Offline Application- The candidates should pay the fee by means of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS)” only. CRFS stamps are available at the counter of all Departmental Post Offices of the country. Recruitment Fee Stamps should be pasted on the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose. After getting the Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the Post Office, the candidate must submit their application to the concerned Regional Office/ Sub Regional Offices of the Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
Selection procedure for SSC Recruitment 2011 for Sub Inspector, Assistant Sub Inspector and Intelligence Officer
The candidate’s overall performance will be judged for final recruitment. The candidates will have to undergo the following recruitment tests.
- Written test (Objective multiple choice Questions)
I) Paper I
a) General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 questions, 50 marks)
b) General Knowledge and General Awareness (50 questions, 50 marks)
c) Numerical Aptitude (50 questions, 50 marks)
d) English Comprehension (50 questions, 50 marks)
II) Paper II
a) English Language and Comprehension (200 questions, 200 marks)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Interview/ Personality Test
How to Apply for SSC Recruitment 2011 for Sub Inspector, Assistant Sub Inspector and Intelligence Officer
Online submission of the application may be made at website www.ssconline.nic.in. Instructions are available at the site. Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign. The filling of online application contains two parts:
Part I Registration
Part II Registration
Part I registration
- Candidates are required to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make any correction in the application.
- Candidate may press –‘I agree’–button after declaration.
- A page with Registration No. will now be generated. Note down the registration number or take out the print out of the page.
Part II registration
The application procedure is incomplete without part II registration. It requires filling of payment details, uploading of photograph, and scanned signature.
- Candidates who have to pay application fee can pay fee online through net banking, or cash through SBI bank challan.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of part I registration. Deposit the requisite fee in pay branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the Part II registration.
- Those who want to pay online through SBI net banking can go directly to part II registration after completion of part I. Candidate will have to supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part II registration.
- As approval of the Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance has not been received for use of credit cards/ debit cards, payment through these modes will not be available.
- Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip steps 4 to 7.
- Then upload a recently taken scanned photograph in 8–bit greyscale JPG format. The digital size of the file must be of resolution 100 pixel widths by 120 pixels height.
- Then upload your scanned signature in 8–bit greyscale JPG format. The digital size of the file must be of resolution 140 pixel width by 60 pixels height.
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Request for change/correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances. The Staff Selection Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non acceptance of any correction/ addition/ deletion in any particular filled in application form whatever the reasons may be.
For more details, please visit http://ssc.nic.in/SSC.html