Tezpur University is one amongst the premier universities of the country and was set up in 1994 as a Central University. The University announced admissions to PhD programme in various subjects.
Name of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Subjects offered: English & Foreign Languages, Cultural Studies, Chemical Sciences, Molecular
Biology & Biotechnology, Physics, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engg, Energy, Food Engineering and Technology, Environmental Science, Business Administration, Sociology, Mathematical Sciences, Mechanical Engg, Mass Communication and Journalism
- Last date for issue of prospectus and application form: 26 March 2013
- Deadline to receive completed application form: 8 April 2013
- Aspirants should be Post Graduate degree holders in Humanities and Social Sciences/ Management Sciences/ Science/ Engineering Technology or possess Master’s degree in the related subjects with good academic record throughout and at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade point in the Master’s degree. BE/BTech with an aggregate of 80% marks or equivalent grade points with valid GATE score.
- Admission seekers appearing in final year degree examination in 2013 are also eligible to apply.
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of eligibility criteria and shortlisted candidates will be selected on the basis of following parameters:
- Scores secured in written test
- Performance in interview
- Marks obtained in qualifying examination
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The cost of the prospectus along with the application form and its payment modes are as follows:
- Rs 510 (Rs 260 for SC/ST) through cash payment to the designated branches of Punjab National Bank
- Rs 560 (Rs 360 for SC/ST) through DD in favour of Registrar, Tezpur University, payable at Tezpur by sending a request to the Controller of Examination, TU with a self addressed unstamped envelope of 36 cm x 25 cm.
- Rs 500 (Rs 250 for SC/ST) through DD in case of downloaded form
How to Apply
- Aspirants can get the prospectus along with application form from the university’s website or through designated branches of Punjab National Bank on cash payment or by sending a request to the Controller of Examination, TU with a self addressed unstamped envelope of 36 cm x 25 cm and requisite amount of DD.
- Duly filled in application form along with DD (in case of downloaded form) should reach to the following address on or before the last date:
Controller of Examination/ Registrar
Tezpur 784 028
To seek more details like subject specific eligibility criteria, please CLICK HERE