Economy is an important part of the General Studies, i.e., Paper 1 in the Civil Services Prelims 2013. The paper includes questions from Economics and Social Development, demographics, social sector initiatives as well as poverty apart from others. In order to clear Paper 1 in IAS Prelims 2013, it is absolutely imperative for the students to get an in-depth knowledge of the Indian economy.
If you start analysing the previous years’ question papers, you will comprehend the fact that there are various questions from the Economy section in Paper 1. The number has apparently increased from 5-6 at some point of time, to 25-30 in the recent years. Also, the nature of these economy-related questions has become more of analytical, interdisciplinary and contemporary.
It is for this reason that the students should have a good grip on not just the basic economic concepts but also the in-depth knowledge. Important current affairs related to economy section should be studied carefully and that too on the regular basis. Structure of the Indian economy should primarily be studied carefully because there is a constant paradigmatic shift in it. Other things that hold importance in economy from the IAS Prelims point of view include Economic Survey and Budget apart from functions and role of WIPO, WTO, IMF and World Bank. Therefore economy section should be studied very carefully and should be given due consideration.
Some of the important books that students should refer for preparing for Economic include:
• An Evolution of Indian Economy by I.C. Dhingra
• Economic Survey of India by Govt. of India
• Economic Dictionary by Penguin
• Indian Economy by Dutta and Sundara
• Indian Economy by Mishra and Puri
• Indian Economy and Basic Economics PDF for IAS Preliminary 2013
Jagranjosh provides you with the complete study material PDF on the economy section of Paper 1 for IAS Prelim 2013. All the important economic topics are covered in detail in the PDF package and therefore it can help you in preparing well for the Prelims 2013.
Also, the students can read the current affairs on economy at Jagranjosh. Coverage of wide economic topics is done meticulously by the experts in the current affairs section.
The contents of the Economy Section PDF include following chapters:
• Chapter 1: Basics in Economics
• Chapter 2: Indian Economy- Over the Years
• Chapter 3: Natural Resources
• Chapter 4: Agriculture
• Chapter 5: Service Sector
• Chapter 6: Industries
• Chapter 7: Poverty
• Chapter 8: Employment and Unemployment
• Chapter 9: Financial Sector
• Chapter 10: Foreign Trade
• Chapter 11: International Organisations
• Chapter 12: India and WTO
• Chapter 13: Current Affairs
IAS Preliminary PDF Package for IAS Preliminary Exam 2013
IAS Preliminary Paper 1 PDF Package for IAS Preliminary 2013