Top Five Reasons to Get Your MBA Online
Are you confused about pursuing an Online MBA degree? Jagranjosh brings for you top 5 reasons to pursue MBA Online. Ward off all your queries and create a bright career with Online MBA degree.
Once in a while you might have come across some unusual statements like "She is not a real doctor, she's only a dietician," in your life. Online MBA programs are also stereotyped in the same way.
Till 2009, employers favored traditional, On-campus degrees. But that notion has started to fade away.
So when you can shop online, pay your utility bills online, find your soul mate online then why not “Study ONLINE”?
Today an online MBA program is a viable option for those who cannot afford to attend full-time regular MBA classes.
Well the credit for this change in attitude of Employers for favoring Online MBA program goes to mainly two factors.
First: If a B-school is providing both types of MBA program i.e., On-campus MBA and Online MBA programs, then employers care only about the quality of the program. The medium of delivery will not matter to these employers.
Second: Online MBA programs have become extremely popular and omnipresent. Employers also understand the reasons for choosing Online MBA programs over Regular MBA programs. Not only do online MBA programs match the rigor of their traditional counterparts, but, depending on your situation, an online degree might even be the savvier choice.
Here are the top benefits to earning your MBA degree online. Moreover, Online MBA programs are no lesser than traditional ones when it comes to knowledge and applicability of Online MBA program curriculum. Online MBA can be the savvier choice, depending upon your situation.
Fig: Numerical Representation of Students Pursuing MBA (figures in million)
Fig: Chart indicating an effective increase in the number of students enrolled in the online MBA program in respective years.
As many as top 20 business schools, including Kelley School of Business, Saunders College of Business at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) offer an online version of their traditional MBA programs.
Another interesting fact that is lop siding Online MBA program is that “Online MBA students are much greater in number than their counterparts doing traditional regular MBA programs.” But before you choose Online MBA program you need to consider following questions:
If you are confident in answering these questions and most of your answers are in affirmative then an Online MBA program is perfect for you. We have enlisted top 5 reasons that you should consider before pursuing an MBA Online:
1: Flexibility and Convenience - This is the number one reason for student opting for an Online MBA program. And if you opting for the online version, chances are you are balancing work and family responsibilities, while focusing on your future as well. As far as convenience is concerned, you can easily accommodate your MBA education into your current home and work schedule so that you can study at your own speed without having the burden of going to classes.
2. Affordability - It is another solid factor for doing an Online MBA program. Online MBA programs are affordable for many reasons that appeal to many students whether they are single or lower income earners. These are low cost programs that help the students to better their financial situation and career. For instance an online MBA will cost you around INR 60,000/- to 80,000 only.
3. Accessibility - The best part about Online version is that you can study from anywhere, at any time, whether you at home, in your office or travelling. You will have the accessibility and opportunity to get in touch with professors and professionals from many locations and various diverse fields that will help in enriching and enhancing your educational experience.
4. No CAT/XAT/GMAT Requirements - Without worrying about various entrance exams you can straight away start your Online MBA program. Real world experience does not necessarily translate into high test scores. Therefore, you can excel in your work while doing Online MBA without having to invest your time, money and efforts in cracking these entrance exams. Many B-schools now recognize that fact that good test scores are not necessarily the predictor of success required to graduate from an Online MBA program.
5. Quality Education - Various online MBA programs provide the same curriculum as their on-campus equivalent. You will get the opportunity to learn from the same professors and have accessibility to the same educational material. Gone are the days that demand for the physical environment of the traditional university setting. Plus, the working professionals do not require non-educational aspects of campus life.
More Reasons to pursue an Online MBA Degree
- The increase in the popularity of Online MBA program is a boon for the working professionals and students as employers are shifting their interest from considering regular MBA graduates to Students having Online MBA degree with relevant work experience.
- Again, it would be advisable to emphasize on the fact that Online MBA program is good for those working professionals who cannot leave their job in between their career for earning a traditional on-campus MBA degree and for those students who cannot afford the hefty fee of B-schools.
- The Online MBA program will not reach its pinnacle until the graduates with Online MBA degree are not provided with the prominent leadership roles at the highest level of reputed organizations. Until then the Online MBA is likely to remain a good Launchpad for a mid-career change or for grabbing an increment in salary.
It would be unwarranted if we were to draw a line between traditional MBA program and Online MBA program to give a comparative analysis. The reason being that both programs are equally good depending on the needs of the students as some students would like to pursue regular one while others would like to pursue online one.
Share our article with those who are confused whether to pursue an online MBA. You can also post your comments if we have skipped any important point about the prospects of Online MBA.
For more MBA Career related updates, keep visiting jagranjosh.com