University of Kashmir, Srinagar invites applicationsfrom eligible candidates for filling up the following post of Teaching/Administrative positions available in various Campuses /Departments/Centres/Institutes of the University of Kashmir. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 15 April 2014.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 15 April 2014.
Details of Posts
- Director: 01(One)
- Assistant Director: 01(One).
- Professor: 21(Twenty One).
- Associate Professor: 55(Fifty Five).
- Assistant Professor: 51(Fifty One).
- Librarian: 01(One).
- Deputy Librarian: 04(Four).
- Assistant Librarian: 07(Seven).
- Coordinator: 01(One).
- Officer: 01(One).
- Research Associate: 01(One).
Educational Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria
- An eminent scholar with Ph. D qualifications Degree in the concerned discipline and published work of high quality.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in University/College and/or experience in research at the University/National level Institutions/Industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching learning process. OR
- An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master’s Degree level in concerned subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- NET shall be the compulsory requirement for those with Post-Graduate Degrees only. But, in respect of candidates who belong to J&K State and are not NET qualified, SET shall be the compulsory requirement.
- The candidates without NET or SET having Ph.D Degree in the concerned subject in compliance of the UGC Regulation, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of minimum eligibility conditions of NET/SET. However, the candidates registered for Ph.Dprogramme shall also be eligible to apply.
Note: For the detailed qualification and experience the candidate can go through the University Website www.kashmiruniversity.net
- Age limit for the candidate should not be exceeding 44 Years for various Posts.
- Age Relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category candidates is applied as per the government norms.
Pay Scale/ Salary
- Pay Band is PB – 4 and Pay Scale of Rs. 37,400/- to Rs. 67,000/- plus Academic Grade Pay Rs. 10,000/- Per Month for the post 1,3 & 7, Academic Grade Pay Rs. 9,000/- Per Month for the post 4 & 9.
- Pay Band is PB – 3 and Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Academic Grade Pay Rs. 8,000/- Per Month for the post 8, Academic Grade Pay Rs. 6,000/- Per Month for the post 2, 5 & 9 and Academic Grade Pay Rs. 5,400/- Per Month for the post 10 & 11.
Application Fee of Rs. 500/- in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, University of Kashmir, Srinagar payable at J&K Bank Ltd.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed proforma along with attested photocopies of relevant testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ST/OBC), &a recent passport size photograph should be affix on the application and Demand Draft must reach to ”The Deputy Registrar (Recruitment),University of Kashmir, Hazratbal,Srinagar – 190006, J&K within 21 days from the date of publishing of the advertisement in Employment News.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Practical/ Skill Test followed with the Interview, which will be conducted by the administration.