VIT University will be conducting VITEEE 2018 from April 04 to April 15, 2017 in a computer based test mode. Students can select the test slot for VITEEE 2018 during the slot booking process after the application form has been submitted. The last date of application for VITEEE 2018 is March 15, 2018. The VITEEE 2018 Slot Booking will be available from Third week of March 2018. Candidates will have to appear for the test as per the allotted exam centre for VITEEE 2018 only. The exam appearing candidates should have an idea about the exam pattern of VITEEE 2018 which includes test scheme, subjects, type of questions, marks etc. For convenience of VITEEE 2018 aspirants, the complete structure of the test paper has been provided here so that they can prepapre for the exam accordingly.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2018
- Mode of VITEEE 2018: The VITEEE-2015 exam wil be conducted only in Online mode i.e. computer based test
- Time Allotted: The duration of exam will be of 2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes).
- Subjects: PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English)– 125 questions (40 questions each for PCM and 5 questions for English) or PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English)– 125 questions (40 questions each for PCB and 5 questions for English)
- Marks Allotment: Every question from each section carries one mark.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in case of wrong attempts
- The subject selection can be done at the time of the VITEEE 2018 Online Test Slot Booking, which will be available in third week of March 2018.
- Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics will be eligible for all the B. Tech. programmes at the university.
- Candidates who attempt Physics, Chemistry & Biology will be eligible for B. Tech. Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
VITEEE Exam Schedule 2018
VITEEE online slot booking
Third week of March 2018
Admit Card availability
Third week of March 2018
VITEEE 2018 exam dates
April 04 to April 15, 2018
Last week of April 2018
Instructions for VITEEE 2018 Computer Based Test :
- The candidates must ensure that the computer allotted to them is switched on and any problem of the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in English. All questions will be of the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. Each MCQ consists of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Only one of the four responses is the correct answer.
- Candidate needs to choose that answer. Candidates can navigate freely through the questions back and forth.
- The number of examination days will be estimated based on the total number of applications received for the particular group of courses and the test centre choices given by the candidates in the application form.
- In the rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to attempt the test again. Candidate must visit www.vit.ac.in regularly to obtain latest news, information and updates on the entrance test.
- VIT reserves the rights to reschedule the examination for a candidate. In rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to attempt the test again. The candidate will not be charged any additional entrance exam fee if the re-schedule is initiated from VIT. However, the candidate has to make his/her own arrangements at his/her cost similar to the original schedule to take the test for the revised schedule.
VITEEE 2018 Online Test Slot Booking:
- Online Test booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at www.vit.ac.in.
- Candidate should first choose the Test City (this should be the same as chosen in the application form) and then the date and the batch for the exams.
- The schedule bookings are done on a first-come first-served basis and are subject to the availability of the test Centre, date and time.
Online Test Booking password:
- For both OMR and online applications, the password will be sent by email to the email address mentioned in the application form. Therefore it is mandatory to give valid email address.
- University will not be responsible for non receipt of the email, if the email address given is incomplete or incorrect.
- The security of your Online Test Booking Password is totally your responsibility. VIT University will not be held accountable or responsible for any claim or loss that results directly or indirectly from any unauthorized use or misuse of your online test booking password.
- The Online Test Booking Password must be kept confidential. Do not disclose it to others or write them down or store them in a file on your computer or as autosave password.
- Your Online Test Booking Password is required only for the purpose of booking a schedule given by the University.
- Please note that the online test booking system will not allow the candidates to book a slot after the booking end date.
Online Test Booking Procedure:
- While booking your test schedule, please ensure that you have a photocopy of the application form you submitted and the Online Test Booking Password after logging into the Online Test Booking System you have to select the test you wish to apply for i.e. you have to select Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics or Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology from the drop down menu to proceed further.
- A slot once booked cannot be changed. Request for change of test city, date or slot will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The online test booking system is available only for those eligible candidates who have submitted the application forms complete in all respects on or before the last date mentioned.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to book their test schedule in ONLINE TEST BOOKING SYSTEM within the given time frame. VIT will not be held accountable for the non bookings. The entrance test fee will not be refunded under any circumstances for such cases.
- The confirmation mail will be automatically sent to the candidate's email address after he/she has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
- Also once the booking is complete the e-Admit card will be generated which needs to be printed by the student from our website www.vit.ac.in.
Guidelines for exam day of VITEEE 2018:
Candidate should report to the selected test centre with
(i) e-Admit card
(ii)Photocopy of the application form and
(iii)Any one of the following for photo identification.
- Driving License
- Voter ID card
- IT Pan Card
- School or college Photo ID card
- Twelfth Standard board exam hall ticket (or) admit card bearing photo.
DO's for the candidates:
- You should arrive at the test centre as per the reporting time mentioned in the e-Admit card.
- You have to register your name in the registration counter and must carry the e-Admit card and a valid ID proof for verification.
- You have to sit in your allotted seat only.
- You have to maintain perfect silence and work on your test only.
- You must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of invigilator.
DON'Ts for the candidates:
- You will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any material except the e-Admit card inside the test hall.
- You are also not permitted to carry any electronic devices like mobile phones, paging devices, calculators, spy cameras and music systems.
- You will not be allowed to go outside the test hall till the completion of the entire duration of the exam time.
- You are not allowed to eat or drink anything (snacks, tea, coffee and cool drinks etc.) inside the test hall. Plain water bottles with nothing written or printed on them will be allowed.