Want to become Central Banker: 7 Reasons to Prepare Sincerely for RBI Grade B
This is a job every banking aspirant dreams of because of the status of being a central banker along with a decent salary package. RBI Grade B is an opportunity that you should seriously prepare for since there are a number of reasons.
Reserve Bank of India has recently published an advertisement to recruit officers directly in Grade B through open competitive examination followed by interview. This is a job every banking aspirant dreams of because of the status of being a central banker along with a decent salary package. Banking is one of the fastest growing sectors in the Indian economy these days and being with the regulator of that sector certainly will give you a lot of opportunities to make a significant impact in the lives of people in the country.
RBI Grade B: Why you should just go for it?
RBI grade B Phase I exam is slated to be held on 04th September 2016 followed by the phase II on 19th September 2016. Once you clear these two hurdles, you are likely to face a rigorous interview as the final step to your destination of being an officer with the apex bank of the country. RBI Grade B is an opportunity that you should seriously prepare for since there are a number of reasons:
- You are ahead of your peers in the financial world: RBI is the banker to the banks. That makes you the boss of other bankers with various commercial banks. You are involved in making policies for them while they have to follow them to the heart and soul.
- Decent salary: As a central banker, you will get a very good salary starting from your initial pay package. As compared to other banks, your salary will be much higher even from the beginning and with the passage of time and your career progression, that gap will widen further. At present, monthly gross emoluments at the initial stage is around Rs 66000/-.
- Perks you can only dream of: RBI is the best in the industry in terms of perks and allowances. The annual CTC component of the bank goes upto 15 lakh per annum in Mumbai because of a number of perquisites and allowances you receive as a central banker. You are eligible for book grant, furnishing allowance, transport allowance, briefcase grant, loans at concessional rates etc.
- Postings only in major cities: This is the biggest advantage of this job since RBI has offices only in state capitals and metro cities. In your entire life, you do not ever have to be posted in a rural area like other commercial banks. Rather, you get accommodation such as flats or staff quarters at these prime locations as provided by the apex bank.
- Career progression potential is immense: This is a great opportunity for candidates who want to make it big in life. As an RBI officer, you can go for higher studies taking study leave and also you can get deputation at various financial organizations in the national and international level at various points of your career with the bank. If you are talented enough, it is possible that you retire as a Deputy Governor of the bank after joining as a grade B Officer.
- Stability and security of job: This is very true for any government job and RBI grade B is no exception to that fact. You and your job are not going to be affected by the global slowdown or recession since you are with an organization that barely needs to think about these factors. This job offers you a very stable life throughout your career.
- Your role matters a lot: Yes, that is true for any central banker since you will be responsible for formulating policies regarding various macroeconomic and microeconomic matters of the economy. Whatever you do, you will touch the lives of millions of people through that. This job satisfaction is very difficult to be found in any other job.
RBI Grade B is an opportunity every banking aspirant looks for and this is here now. You have to give your best to secure a job in the most prestigious bank of India since seats are very less and the number of candidates is huge compared to that. The exam date is approaching and after going through the various perks and facilities that we have mentioned in this article, it should motivate you all the more to give your 100 percent for this job. Go and get it.
All the best!!