- The term 'goods' under this Act has the same meaning as under the sale of goods Act.
- Accordingly it covers all types of movable property other than money and includes stocks and shares, growing crops etc.
- The term 'service' means service of any description made available to potential users and includes banking, financing, housing construction, insurance, entertainment, transport, supply of electrical and other energy, boarding and lodging, amusement, etc.
- The services of doctors, engineers, architects, lawyers etc are included under the provisions of Consumer Protection Act.
- Here Consumer Protection Act refers to provide better and all round protection to consumers and effective safeguards against different types of exploitation such as defective goods, deficient services and unfair trade practices. It also makes provisions for simple, speedy and inexpensive machinery for redressal of consumer's grievances.
What are Goods and Services Covered Under CPA, 1986?
Important banking qna for banking aspirants, which is helpful in banking exam.