World This Week: 14 January–20 January 2013
Under the World this Week section, students preparing for the competitive exams will be able to know about the recent happenings of the world
Under the World this Week section, students preparing for the competitive exams will be able to know about the recent happenings of the world. This section allows the students preparing for the competitive exams to get abreast with the everyday happenings of the world. What all is happening across the length and breadth of the world, you will know this section.
14 January 2013
• Sri Lankan President impeached first woman chief justice of the country over graft.
15 January 2013
• Sensors to detect plants distress worked upon by the researchers.
• India affected by the cyber spying campaign called Red October.
16 January 2013
• Visa-free entry to India for Pakistani senior citizens put on hold.
• India, Vietnam signed MoU to strengthen micro, small & medium enterprises.
• Supreme Court of Pakistan ordered arrest of prime minister on charges of corruption.
17 January 2013
• Obama proposed stricter gun control laws: 23 executive actions announced.
• India and Bangladesh decided increasing rail link projects.
• China appointed Wei Wei, a career diplomat as Ambasador to India.
• India and Pakistan agreed not to allow tension along LoC to escalate.
• FDI Inflow in China decreased 3.7 Percent, first time in 3 Years.
18 January 2013
• Barrack Obama’s half-brother decided launching political career in Kenya.
• Pakistan anti-corruption body refused arresting PM.
• MV Amina, Iranian cargo ship fled from Sri Lankan waters and defied orders of its High Court.
19 January 2013
• Indians asked to avoid violence prone areas in Nigeria.
• China’s economy grew 7.8 Percent in 2012, hits 13-Year low.
20 January 2013
• Hindalco finalized arrangements to acquire Bauxite Mines and Alumina Refirnery from Novelis.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .