Current Affairs in Short: 11 November 2019
International Hockey Federation (FIH), in Lausanne, has recently selected India to host the 2023 Men's Hockey World Cup.
India to host Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023
• International Hockey Federation (FIH), in Lausanne, has recently selected India to host the 2023 Men's Hockey World Cup.
• According to the FIH, the Men's Hockey World Cup will be played in India from January 13 to 29. The format of the 2023 World Cup will be the same as in the previous tournament.
• India will thus become the first country to host the Men's Hockey World Cup four times. Earlier in India, this tournament has been organized in 1982, 2010 and 2018.
India wins T20 series against Bangladesh
• India defeated Bangladesh by 30 runs in the third and final T20 International match played at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium in Nagpur. India won the three-match T20 series by 2-1.
• Team India scored 174 runs in 20 overs and gave Bangladesh a target of 175 runs to win. In response, Bangladesh's team could only manage 144 runs for 10 wickets in 19.2 overs.
• Deepak Chahar made a unique record of taking six wickets for seven runs. He has become the best bowler in T20 Internationals.
New species of spider named after Sachin Tendulkar
• Dhruv Prajapati, an Ahmedabad Ecologist, has discovered two new species of spider. He named these species - Marengo Sachin Tendulkar’ and ‘Inomarengo Chavarapatera.’
• He is a researcher in the Gujarat Ecological Education & Research (GEER) Foundation.
• As per the report, new species are known as Asian jumping spiders. Inomarengo Chavarapatera spider was found in Kerala while Marengo Sachin Tendulkar was found in Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Justice AP Sahi becomes Chief Justice of Madaras High Court
• Justice AP Sahi has recently sworn-in as the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court. Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit administered the oath of office to the Chief Justice.
• Justice AP Sahi practised in Allahabad High Court to gather expertise in constitutional and civil matters.
• In 2004, he was elevated as an Additional Judge of the Allahabad Court. He became permanent Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court in 2005.
Iran discovers huge oil reserve
• Iran has claimed to have discovered a large oilfield. This oilfield, found in the southern province of Iran, is estimated to have about 53 million barrels of crude oil.
• Iran’s oil reserves will increase by one-third after this discovery. Employees of Iran's oil industry have discovered this large oilfield.
• According to the reports, this 80-meter deep oilfield is spread over 200 kilometres from Iran's Khuzistan border with Iraq to the city of Omidia.