The ICC on 4 April 2016 announced the teams of the tournament for the men’s and women’s ICC World Twenty20 2016 that finished at Eden Gardens in Kolkata on 3 April 2016. The teams were announced under chairmanship of Geoff Allardice, ICC General Manager – Cricket.
Indian player Virat Kohli was chosen as captain of the men’s side while Stafanie Taylor of the West Indies was named to lead the women’s line-up.
The men’s team contained four players from England, two players each from India and the West Indies, and one each from Australia, Bangladesh, New Zealand and South Africa which included the twelfth player.
The women’s team comprised four players from New Zealand, two players each from Australia, England and the West Indies, and one player each from Pakistan and South Africa.
The two teams are (in batting order):
1. Jason Roy (England)
2. Quinton de Kock (South Africa, wicketkeeper)
3. Virat Kohli (India, captain)
4. Joe Root (England)
5. Jos Buttler (England)
6. Shane Watson (Australia)
7. Andre Russell (West Indies)
8. Mitchell Santner (New Zealand)
9. David Willey (England)
10.Samuel Badree (West Indies)
11. Ashish Nehra (India)
12. Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh)
1. Suzie Bates (New Zealand)
2. Charlotte Edwards (England)
3. Meg Lanning (Australia)
4. Stafanie Taylor (West Indies, captain)
5. Sophie Devine (New Zealand)
6. Rachel Priest (New Zealand, wicketkeeper)
7. Deandra Dottin (West Indies)
8. Megan Schutt (Australia)
9. Sune Luus (South Africa)
10. Leigh Kasperek (New Zealand)
11. Anya Shrubsole (England)
12. Anam Amin (Pakistan)
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App