The Kerala State Government on 20 July 2016 constituted a State Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (STAGI) on the lines of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (NTAGI).
The Group will advise the State government on the policies and practices to be adopted and implemented under the National Immunisation Programme.
Highlights of the State Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (STAGI)
• STAGI will provide technical and academic inputs and leadership in the State’s immunisation efforts.
• It will be responsible for timely recommendations on the choice of vaccines to be included and modifications on current guidelines based on surveillance data available in the state.
• It will have the Director of Health Service as the chairman and the Director of Medical Education as co-chairman.
• Apart from the chairman and the co-chairman, it will have eleven members.
• The State Epidemiologist A Sukumaran will provide technical support to the group.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 20 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.