In the era of globalization, investors make their profits not only in their own country but also in other countries of the world. Keeping this in mind, Jagran Josh has created a set of 10 questions based on the stock exchanges. We hope that this set will be useful for the aspirants preparing for competitive examinations.
1. What is SP-500?
(a) A crop of wheat
(b) The name of Mumbai-based office of SEBI
(c) A stock exchange of USA
(d) A scheme announced by the Government of India
Explanation: A Stock Exchange of USA
2. How many companies are included in the SENSEX?
Explanation: The index of the Bombay Stock has 30 companies.
3. Which of the following statements is correct?
(a) FTSE-100 is a stock exchange of London, which monitors European market activities
(b) Nikkei is related to Singapore Stock Exchange
(c) Middex belongs to Japan
(d) BSE does not belong to sensex
Explanation: FTSE-100 is a stock exchange of London, which monitors the activities of the European market.
4. KOSPI is the index of which country?
(b) South Korea
Explanation: South Korea
5. Which of the following index is not matched correctly?
(a) SET: Thailand
(b) JCI: Japan
(c) NASDAQ: America
(d) TSEC: Taiwan
Explanation: JCI is a joint index of Indonesia and Jakarta.
6. Which of the following is responsible for the fluctuations in the Sensex?
(b) Monetary policy
(c) Political instability
(d) All of the above
Explanation: All of the above
7. Which of the following is not a credit rating agency?
Explanation: NIKKEI is Japan's stock exchange.
8. Which of the following words does not belong to the stock exchange?
Explanation: The KPO's full form is Knowledge Process Outsourcing.
9. What is called "Blue Chip"?
(a)Companies which are run by large corporate houses
(b) A company, whose share always provides profit
(c) A multinational company
(d) A company which is listed on a foreign stock exchange
Explanation: A company which always provides profit to its share holders.
10. When was Nifty established?
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.