50+ GK Questions and Answers for Class 5
GK Questions and Answers for Class 5: General Knowledge covers all GK questions related to science, India, current affairs, world, computer, awards, literature, social studies, etc. This quiz will help to improve young students' intellect and also refine their skills. Learning and absorbing knowledge from several sources not only makes children smart but also improves their academic performance. Reading and solving this quiz will help students to be able to stand out from the crowd. Nowadays the world is getting highly competitive, so learning beyond academics too plays an important role and this becomes a necessity of the day.
Explore below some interesting General Knowledge questions for class 5 students that will improve their general awareness and also enhance their academic performances. This will also help them to prepare for several school-level entrance tests and general quizzes.
Solve| 50+ GK Questions and Answers for Class 10
GK Questions and Answers for Class 5
1. Name the folk dance of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans. Kuchipudi, Vilasini Natyam, Andhra Natyam, etc.
2. When is International Mother Language Day celebrated?
Ans. 21 February
3. Name the Father of the Indian Constitution?
Ans. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
4. Who penned the book 'Wings of Fire'?
Ans. APJ Abdul Kalam and Arun Tiwari.
5. Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
Ans. Jawaharlal Nehru
6. Who was the first woman Prime Minister of India?
Ans. Indira Gandhi
7. Name the national bird of the United States of America?
Ans. Bald Eagle
8. Name the deepest ocean in the world?
Ans. Pacific Ocean
9. Name the smallest bone in the human body?
10. Name the gas which is filled in balloons?
11. Which two rivers merge in Devprayag to form the River Ganga?
Ans. Alakananda and Bhagirathi rivers
12. Name the deepest oceanic trench on Earth?
Ans. Mariana Trench
13. Aizawl is the capital of which state of India?
14. Name the country which has no capital?
15. Name the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir?
16. Who is the executive head of the Union Territories?
17. How many States and Union Territories are there in India?
Ans. 28 States and 8 Union Territories
18. Which day is celebrated as Environment Day?
Ans. 5 June
19. Bucharest is the capital of which country?
20. Name the seven colours of the Rainbow?
Ans. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.
21. Name a place where dead bodies are kept?
22. When is National Endangered Species Day observed?
Ans. Every year on the third Friday in May National Endangered Species Day is celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of wildlife conservation and restoration efforts for all imperilled species.
23. What is the theme of World No Tobacco Day 2022?
Ans. The theme of World No Tobacco Day 2022 is "Protect the environment".
24. When is World Turtle Day observed?
Ans. May 23
25. Where is Gir National Forest located?
26. Victoria Memorial is situated in which city of India?
27. When is the Hindi Diwas celebrated in India?
Ans. Hindi Diwas is celebrated every year on September 14 to highlight the significance of the Hindi language.
28. What are Jellyfish?
Ans. Jellyfish are tiny aquatic creatures without brains, blood, and heart.
29. Which means of transport is considered the fastest?
Ans. Air Transport
30. Which planet is closest to the Sun?
Solve| 50+ GK Questions and Answers for Class 9
GK Quiz for Class 5: Fill in the blanks
1. The deepest part of the ocean is called..........
Ans. Challenger Deep
2. 1024 Kilobytes is equal to..........
Ans. 1 Megabyte (MB)
3. 30th January is celebrated as..............
Ans. Martyr's Day
4. Highest dam of India is.......
Ans. Tehri Dam
5. ........... is the capital of Andhra Pradesh.
6. Canberra is the capital of............
7. Baby of a horse is known as.........
8. ......... is the largest plateau in the world.
Ans. Tibetan Plateau
9. Delhi is situated on the bank of ............ river.
Solve| 50+ GK Questions and Answers for Class 8
10. World Heritage Day celebrated on .............
Ans. 18th April
11. ............ city is called Pearl City.
12. Young one of a cow is known as .......
13. ..........cells make up 80% (approx.) of our brain's volume.
Ans. Glial cells
14. The adult human skeleton is made up of ........... bones.
15. ............ is a natural skin pigment.
16. PV Sindhu is associated with.........
17. ............is the largest ocean in the world
18. Hexagon has .... sides
- Perimeter is the ____ of all sides
- All sides of a square are ____in length.
- Area of rectangle=_____ x breadth.
- 4 x side gives the ____ of a square.
- Virat Kohli is ___ famous Cricket player.
- A lion is ___ animal.
- Kapil is ___hardworking employee.
- Is that ___ old book?
Solve| 50+ GK Questions and Answers for Class 7
GK Quiz for Class 5: True and False
1. At 100 degrees Celcius water boils.
2. AM stands for Ante Meridian and PM stands for Post Meridiem.
Ans. False (AM stands for Ante Meridiem)
3. Mount Vesuvius is located in Italy.
4. Ablutophobia is the fear of bathing.
5. Mangifera Index is the scientific name of Mango?
Ans. False ( The scientific name of Mango is Mangifera Indica).
6. Water in plants is transported by phloem.
Ans. False (Xylem)
7. Onion is a modified form of roots.
Ans. False (Stem)
8. Wright Brothers invented the Airplane.
9. World No Tobacco Day is observed on 4 December.
Ans. False (31 May)
10. In January 1915, Mahatma Gandhi returned to India from South Africa.
11. PV Sindhu is associated with Badminton sport.
12. William Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet.
13. Node is the part of the stem where the leaf is attached.
14. The scientific study of an earthquake is known as Seismology.
15. Citric Acid is present in Lemon,
16. India participates in Commonwealth Games
17. Tea is the famous crop of Assam
18. Ganga river falls in the Bay of Bengal
Solve| 60+ GK Questions and Answers for Class 6
GK Quiz Games
Identify the Odd one out that is not related to the ones in the group.
1. Tomato, Cabbage, Brinjal, Icecream.
2. Medicine, Ointment, Syrup, Laptop
3. Table, Chair, Sofa, Rose
4. Lilly, Sunflower, Lotus, Cauliflower
5. Geography, Science, Math, Television
6. Earrings, Necklace, Door, Bracelet
7. Itanagar, Patna, Bengaluru, Kerala
8. Chandigarh, Delhi, Ladakh, Tripura
9. Ronit, Kamal, Ramesh, Sara
10. Breakfast, Dinner, Photograph, Lunch
11. Books, Knife, Poison, Gun
12. Surgeon, Doctor, Teacher, Nurse
13. School, Movie, Ticket, Theatre
READ| General Knowledge for Kids: Check 100+ Simple GK Questions and Answers