GK Questions & Answers on Modern Indian History: Indian National Movement Set 5
GK Questions & Answers on Modern Indian History: Indian National Movement Set 5 is the repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that ease the preparation of aspirants of various examinations like UPSC (IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, CDS, and NDA), State-PSC, SSC, Railways and other competitive examinations. So, solve these Questions and evaluate your performance.
1. Which revolutionist of freedom struggle was hanged till death at the age of 14?
A. Batukeshwar Dutt
B. Khudiram Bose
C. Bhagat Singh
2. Vernacular Act was associated with which subject?
3. Who was the political guru of Mahatma Gandhi?
A. R.N Tagore
C. G.K Gokhale
D. AO Hume
4. In which of the following sessions of INC, was National Anthem sung for the first time?
5. Surya Sen was associated with which of the event during Indian Freedom Struggle?
A. Chittagong Armoury Raid
B. Kakori Conspiracy
C. Civil Disobedience Movement
D. Home Rule Movement
6. Who is known as Lion of Punjab?
A. Bhagat Singh
B. Chandrashekhar Azad
C. Saifuddin Kichlu
D. Lala Lajpat Rai
7. Who repaired the Grand Trunk Road from Calcutta to Delhi?
A. Lord Dufferin
B. Lord Auckland
C. Sir Charles Metcalfe
D. Lord Canning
8. In what way did the early nationalists undermine the moral foundations of the British rule with great success?
A. By their agitation for Constitutional reforms.
B. By advocating open revolt.
C. By seeking foreign help against the British.
D. By seeking the support of the Indians living abroad.
9. Which of the points regarding the background in which Jinnah’s points were given is/ are correct?
I. It was given in a meeting of All India Muslim League (1929).
II. It was in reaction to Nehru’s report which they considered as death warrant.
III. Initially few reforms were stated by Aga Khan and Karim Jalal later Jinnah consolidated them to 14 points based on Hindus reaction.
A. I and II only
B. I and III only
C. II and III only
D. All of the above
10. What was the outcome of league’s attitude towards constituent assembly meetings and interim government?
A. League went ahead with the appointments and decisions of congress members.
B. League came to a compromise with congress to its fight for Pakistan.
C. British tried to impress league by bringing in to interim government ambit though league had objected to it.
D. None of the above