GK Quiz on World Heritage Sites in India: Set 2
Dear students, Jagran josh is presenting you a set of 10 questions based on World Heritage Sites in India, Set 2. We made very relevant questions on this particular topic so that you can have an idea that what kind of questions can be asked in the exams on this topic.
1. Which of the following language is used in inscription of Sanchi Stupa?
D. None of these
2. Who built Fatehpur Sikri?
3. Which of the following statement is not true about Fatehpur Sikri?
A. It was built by the Emperor Akbar.
B. Fatehpur Sikri (the City of Victory) was the capital of the Mughal Empire for only some 10 years.
C. Akbar shifted his residence and court from Agra to Sikri to honour the Sufi Saint Sheikh Moinuddin Chishti.
D. It was built during 16th century.
4. Which of the following architecture is not situated in the Fatehpur Sikri?
A. Buland darwaja
B. Jama masjid
C. Tomb of Salim Chishti
D. Raat Mahal
5. Why was Buland Darwaja constructed?
A. To commemorate the Andhra Pradesh victory
B. To commemorate the Gujarat victory
C. To commemorate Bengal victory
D. None of these
6. Why Diwan-i-Khas At Fatehpur Sikri was constructed?
A. To discuss the strategy for war
B. To discuss religious matters
C. To donate “khairat” to poor
D. All of the above
7. Who built Khajuraho Temples?
8. Which of the following statement is not true about Khajuraho Temples?
A. All Khajuraho Temples are not constructed by any single Bundela ruler.
B. The Khajuraho Group of Monuments is a group of Hindu and Jain temples.
C. These temples are situated in Chhatarpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
D. These temples were constructed between AD 900 and 1130.
9. Which of the following is not true about Qutub Minar?
A. Qutb Minar was built in the early 13th century.
B. Its construction was started by Iltutmish and finished by Qutub-ud-din Aibak.
C. Its construction taken 75 years.
D. Its construction started in 1193.
10. Which of the following is not true about Qutub Minar?
A. It is known the tallest brick minaret in the world.
B. is made of Red sandstone and has Brahmi inscriptions on it
C. and Firoz Shah Tughlaq carried out restoration work replacing the damaged storey
D. The Qutub Minar complex is large and includes Qutub Minar, Quwwat-ul-Islam Masjid, Ala’i Minar,Ala’i Darwaza,Iron Pillar,Iltutmish’s Tomb.