Rajasthan: Excise Department At A Glance
The Excise department is 2nd largest tax revenue receiving branch of Rajasthan government. It contracts with the management of the rules and laws linking to assembling, control, transaction, export, import and transportation of exhilarating drugs, Liquor and compilation of proceeds from each of these resources. The Excise department is not only occupied in gathering of revenue but it works to avert unlawful deals, trafficking and creation of illegitimate Liquor.
The Excise department is being lead by Excise Commissioner with its Head office located at Udaipur with control in entire Rajasthan. At the head office; Excise Commissioner is supported by ADM (Additional Commissioner), Additional Commissioner - Excise, Financial Advisor, Additional SP and other officials.
For effectual control over field rank functionaries, Rajasthan is separated in 7 zones:
Regional Offices of Excise Department
- Additional Commissioner, Udaipur Zone
- Additional Commissioner, Jaipur Zone
- Additional Commissioner, Jodhpur Zone
- Additional Commissioner, Ajmer Zone
- Additional Commissioner, Bikaner Zone
- Additional Commissioner, Kota Zone
- Additional Commissioner, Bharatpur Zone
The automation scheme for Excise Department was permitted by Rajasthan Governments, Department of Finance in May 2002. The realistic accomplishment was started from October.
Aims and Objective of Computerization of Excise Department
- To systemize the accessible documentation keeping process
- To perk up the eminence of the information scheme engendered by the district rank offices
- Pace and accurateness of data received
- To continue verification on store of excisable commodities
- To get enhanced outcomes in terms of efficiency, revenue gathering
- To create MIS statement of Stocks
- To keep posted the Personal information scheme
- Daily communication via E-mail