Search

Top 10 Largest Countries (Area-Wise)

Check the list of the top 10 largest countries of the world (area-wise). Boundaries of the world are also changing and till the end of 2019 here are 10 largest countries of the world (by area). As we know, the Earth is a dynamic planet because it is constantly changing inside and outside. It is made of rocks. 71% of the surface is covered with water and the remaining 29% is a landmass that consists of continents and islands. Read on for more details.
Dec 3, 2019 12:14 IST
facebook Iconfacebook Iconfacebook Icon
Top 10 Largest Countries By Area
Top 10 Largest Countries By Area

Are you wondering about the largest countries in the world? If yes, then here is the list of of the top 10 largest countries of the world (area-wise). This list has been updated recently.  The Earth is the 3rd closest planet to the Sun after Mercury and Venus. The age of the Earth is about 4.5 billion years and this fact has been proved with the help of radiometric dating. About 71% of the Earth's surface is covered with water and the remaining 29% is a landmass that consists of continents and islands. As per the Britannica Encyclopedia, there are about 198 countries in the world. Each country has its own boundaries. These boundaries often change with time to time. Till the end of the year 2019, here are the top 10 countries of the world (area-wise)

10 Largest Countries (Area-Wise): 

1. Russia

Area: 17,125,000 square kilometres.

2. Canada

Area: 9,984,670 square kilometres.

3. China

Area:  9,572,900 square kilometres.

4. United States of America

Area: 9,525,067 square kilometres.

5. Brazil

Area: 8,515,767 square kilometres.

Superlatives of World Geography

6. Australia

Area: 7,692,202 square kilometres.

7. India

Area: 3,166,391 square kilometres.

8. Argentina

Area: 2,780,400 square kilometres.

9. Kazakhstan

Area: 2,724,900 square kilometres.

10. Algeria

Area: 2,381,741 square kilometres.

The above list of the top 10 largest countries (area-wise) is given in chronological order i.e. from highest to lowest in terms of area.

Indian Geography: A Complete Study Material