Assam Public Service Commission is going to conduct Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination, 2014 for screening candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to various posts. The eligible candidates can apply online on or before 10 May 2014. The Assam Public Service Commission came into existence on 1 April 1937 in accordance with the provision of the Govt. of India Act, 1935 with Mr. James Hezelett, a retired ICS officer from London, as its first Chairman.
- Opening Date of online Application Forms: 10 April 2014
- Closing Date of online Application Forms: 10 May 2014
Stages of the Examination
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination (Written and Interview)
Centres for the APSC Preliminary & Main Examination 2014
- The centres for the Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination are: Bongaigaon, Barpeta, Dhubri, Dibrugarh, Dhemaji, Diphu, Golaghat, Goalpara, Haflong, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Karimganj, Mangaldoi, Morigaon, Nagon, Nalbari, North Lakhimpur, Silchar, Sivasagar, Tezpur, Tinsukia and Guwahati.
- The APSC Combined Competitive (Main) Examination will be held in Guwahati only.
Details of Post:
Name of the Post:
- Assam Civil Service (Jr. Grade)
- Assam Police Service (Jr. Grade)
- Labour Officer
- Superintendent of Taxes
- Superintendent of Excise
- District Transport Officer
- Inspector of Labour
- Inspector of Taxes
- Inspector of Excise
- Candidate’s age should be between 21-38 years as on 1 January 2014.
- Age Relaxation is applicable as per the rules.
Graduate from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational institutions established by an Act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
- Rs 25/- for SC, ST (P) & ST (H).
- For others Rs 50/- to be deposited only through e-Challan with State Bank of India.
- Assam Civil Service (Jr. Grade): Rs.12500-40000+Grade Pay 5400
- Assam Police Service (Jr. Grade): Rs.12000-40000+Grade Pay 5400
- Labour Officer: Rs.12000-40000+Grade Pay 5400
- Superintendent of Taxes: Rs.12000-40000+Grade Pay 5400
- Superintendent of Excise: Rs.12000-40000+Grade Pay 5400
- District Transport Officer: Rs.12000-40000+Grade Pay 5400
- Inspector of Labour: Rs.8000-35000+Grade Pay 4300
- Inspector of Taxes: Rs.8000-35000+Grade Pay 4300
- Inspector of Excise: Rs.8000-35000+Grade Pay 4300
How to Apply
Candidates have to apply online from APSC website www.apsc.nic.in before 10 May 2014.