Banking General Awareness section is the vital and significant section for any bank recruitment exam. It is considered as the scoring section as well. To crack this section, candidates need to update their current affairs of the national and international importance along with the banking industry. Keeping an eye on the latest happenings can help candidates to perform well.
The banking experts of Jagranjosh.com team have arrived in with the General Awareness: Weekly Study Material to help the students to get a grip of the current updates weekly. The weekly section is divided into two categories- India Watch and World Watch which are further divided into many sub categories according to the news. Here are some of the happening from the month of June from 01 June – 08 June 2014.
For better understanding and suitability for the exams, weekly events have been divided into following heads:
India Watch (includes important updates from India related to banking, corporate, economy, sports, eminent personalities, different awards & honours and books and authors)
Banking News (updates on various banking related organizations or agencies)
- RBI announced second Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement.
Corporate News (Updates of all the corporate houses of the country)
- IICA signed MoU with Grant Thornton to implement CSR Rules of Companies Act 2013.
- Indian Services sector expanded for the first time in eleven months: HSBC’s PMI.
Economy News (issues on budget, stock market; monetary transactions, financial demands)
- India became 2nd largest textiles exporter after China: UN Comtrade.
Sports News (happenings in the sports world)
- The Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) won the seventh edition of Indian Premier League 2014 by defeating Kings XI Punjab (KXIP).
- Kawa Music Group of Jaipur to perform at XX Commonwealth Games 2014.
- Sourav Ganguly joined Supreme Court appointed Mudgal Committee.
- India slipped to 3rd position in ICC ODI rankings.
Personalities in News (Eminent personalities and their whereabouts)
- Chandrashekhar Rao sworn-in as the First Chief Minister of Telengana.
- Union Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde died.
- Nitin Gadkari got additional charge of Union Ministry Rural Development.
- Kamal Nath sworn-in as Pro Tem Speaker of 16th Lok Sabha.
- Abhijit Guha appointed as member of UN expert panel on peacekeeping.
- Sanjay Kapoor appointed as Micromax Chairman.
- Sumitra Mahajan elected as Speaker of 16th Lok Sabha.
- Anil Chopra took over as Commander-in-Chief of Western Naval Command.
- Madhuri Dixit appointed as brand ambassador of health campaign, Mamta Abhiyan.
Books and Authors (updates of new books published and about authors)
- Book titled Getting India Back on track- An action Agenda for Reform released.
World Watch ( Includes Latest happenings from the world fame from the field of corporate, economy, sports, eminent personalities, different awards & honours and books and authors)
- Lithuania to become 19th country to adopt Euro as currency from 1 January 2015.
- Pakistan hiked defence budget by 11 percent.
- Obama proposed 1 billion dollar US Security Plan for Eastern Europe.
- Amla appointed as test cricket captain of South Africa.
- Australian cricketer Pomersbach retired due to depression.
Personalities in News
- Salvador Sanchez Ceren sworn-in as the President of El Salvador.
- King of Spain Juan Carlos I decided to abdicate the throne.
- Indian-American Shefali Duggal appointed as member of Holocaust Memorial Council.
- Zeid Ra’ad Zeid Al-Hussein nominated as UN high commissioner for human rights.
- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad won Presidential election for third time.
- Former Military Chief of Egypt Abdel Fattah al-Sisi sworn-in as President of Egypt.
Awards and Honours
- Irish Author Eimear McBride won Baileys Prize for fiction.